GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put together a list of krylon paint colors (or some other national brand) that are close to or match our wing colors? I'm buying a trailer that uses a cartop carrier and want to paint the plastic and frame to match (or get close) my bike. I have a 2005 Blue. I wondered if anyone has found what color is close to my bike or perhaps someone has matched a lot of different goldwing colors. The krylon fusion will paint the box and rustoleum will do the frame, but what color is closest?

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you take a piece from your bike that has the color on it, to an automotive paint supply store or even some of the body shops, they can do a very close match, mix it and put it in a rattle can for you. The paint store that I used, had good tips and advice on preparation and application. Also any other supplies that you may need.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Elder Jay,

You will have a hard time getting auto paint or most rattle can paints to stick to the car top carrier. Ther is a krylon line called fusion (I think thats the name) that is made for plastics. From what I understand the prep on the plastic is paramount to getting it to stick and not flake off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts