GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any words of wisdom regarding a trailer to haul big bikes know as the RAZOR TRAILER? It is a trailer where the bed lowers to the ground so one person drives the bike on then cranks the trailer bed back up to hauling position. Are these things any good and are they as easy to operate as claimed?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Jim, A friend of mine has one of these type trailers and it is a breeze to load and unload. He came a picked up the wife and I when we had a flat about 150 miles from home on a Sunday afternoon and this thing was a trick. It has the locking front wheel chocks and all you have to do is crank it down to the ground and drive onto the deck. As you hit the front wheel chock a locking mechanism flips over and holds the bike upright so you don't have to put the kickstand down to get off the bike. You jump down and attach 2 straps to the rear crash bars, a locking bar in the front chock, and crank the deck back up. It takes about 5 minutes to load a wing and be on your way. He pulls it with a Saturn Vue SUV and you can barely tell it is back there. I like it because you don't have to compress your bikes suspension to tie it down. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Does anyone have any words of wisdom regarding a trailer to haul big bikes know as the RAZOR TRAILER? It is a trailer where the bed lowers to the ground so one person drives the bike on then cranks the trailer bed back up to hauling position. Are these things any good and are they as easy to operate as claimed?
The Baxley Trailer does the same thing and is very well balanced and beautifully engineered.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm sure you could get quite a bit more feedback on trailers by posting on a HD forum. ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
The Baxley Trailer does the same thing and is very well balanced and beautifully engineered.

I have never used the Razor Trailer but have read great reviews about it. I have used the Baxley Trailer to haul my 1100 shadow when I had it. Hauled it to Big Bend from Houston at 80 mph and never knew it was back there.

I'm sort of small and it was no problem loading the bike at all...lower the floor to the ground and ride it on till the front wheel catches in the wheel lock...get off and hook up the two rear straps and raise the floor again.

The razor works basically the same way.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Resurecting an older post to see if anyone has any more input on the Razor trailers. Thanks :?:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
i looked at these

i would buy this model instead

http://www.adventuresportsproductss....asp?Category=Motorcycle~Haulers&Cat=Category

they are much lighter

and require no lifting or effort, just a button to push to bring the trailer up or down

also avaible as a single or a double, and stores against the garage wall
I have a hard time believing the dry weight of this trailer, 300#.
I have an ALL aluminum, Aluma MC10 trailer that has a claimed dry weight of 390#, so it's real hard to believe a steel & fiberglass can weigh 300#.
I've had my Aluma MC10 since 2002, and it will hold a max 1610#
(2000# total). It's a fabulous trailer, and I've never had a problem
running down the highway at 80/85 mph. I tow it behind my CR-V
with a 4 banger, and still get 17/19 mpg.

Take a look at these too. (never rusts)

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
I have a hard time believing the dry weight of this trailer, 300#.
I have an ALL aluminum, Aluma MC10 trailer that has a claimed dry weight of 390#, so it's real hard to believe a steel & fiberglass can weigh 300#.
I've had my Aluma MC10 since 2002, and it will hold a max 1610#
(2000# total). It's a fabulous trailer, and I've never had a problem
running down the highway at 80/85 mph. I tow it behind my CR-V
with a 4 banger, and still get 17/19 mpg.

Take a look at these too. (never rusts)
i had an aluma single for a while

it was ok, except for the fact my bikes drug, going up the ramp

if flat loading isnt a must, the aluma is fine

but my next trailer will be a flat loader, no ramp period

as far as the weight of the asp trailer

i saw one at a dealer

and it was very light

weight is a big concern for me, since i downsized my suv, to a 09 pontiac vibe gt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts