GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen lots of folks upgrade to the Russell Day Long seat but noticed not many opt for the built in RDL backrest...or at least it seems to me. How come? TIA

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I've seen lots of folks upgrade to the Russell Day Long seat but noticed not many opt for the built in RDL backrest...or at least it seems to me. How come? TIA
I don't need a backrest......
After 2 Goldwings with backrests, I found good riding posture works better than slouching against a backrest.

JMHO....

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I don't need a backrest......
After 2 Goldwings with backrests, I found good riding posture works better than slouching against a backrest.

JMHO....

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I've had a couple of RDL seats with their backrest while it is fine comfort wise I prefer the Utopia backrest, comfort is the same, it is built lighter, much cheaper unit to purchase and if you decide you want to take the backrest off for some reason you don't have that notch ruining the look of the seat.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I think the RDL backrest is very functional. I have had this backrest on my last 5 saddles. You can position the backrest forward or backward, up or down to suite your comfort.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
B206 is yours the standard RDL pattern for the new wing? Thanks
That seat/backrest is on my K1600. I did not order anything BMW specific, so I would assume it is Russell's standard pattern. They do offer different stitching patterns for the seat and I believe the stitching patterns can be ordered for the backrest as well. From other forums, I am under the impression that RDL can/will build or stitch anything you like. One of the guys on the BMW forum had them stitch the BMW -6- logo in his backrest.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have the RDL with the RDL backrest on mine and I love it. I like how I can simply fold it forward to get a fat mans leg over the seat and if I so choose, I can easily just pull it out if I do not want it there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts