GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had driver seat rebuilt in Nov. can,t turn heat off, I unplug it and get 2 flashing lights on dash any Idea how to cut it off other than $70 connector from EC. I have talk to RDL said it sound like switch. I do not have manual but it looks like it carry same fuse as suspension. will probably leave light on if I pull fuse.

·
Registered
316 Posts
can you just put a rheostat or something inline and call it a day?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
IIRC, RDL removes the heating element from the OEM seat you sent them. I have seen that heating element. Would be easy to dork something up when re-installing it in a new seat, or even when removing it from the OEM seat. That is why Hartco is waiting on EC to finish a heating element that will plug and play like the OEM.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Sorry to hear of the problem, I have an RDL and no issues at all. I would remove the connection, probably try some dielectric grease, take the battery connections off to reset.

·
Registered
36 Posts
RDL has a checkbox on the order form to "Retain Stock OEM Heat" for driver or driver and rear seats. I have a build date in Feb, so hopefully this is an isolated incident!
BillyJ: Please post the resolution when you get it all straighten out!

Rich

·
Registered
336 Posts
RDL has a checkbox on the order form to "Retain Stock OEM Heat" for driver or driver and rear seats. I have a build date in Feb, so hopefully this is an isolated incident!
BillyJ: Please post the resolution when you get it all straighten out!

Rich
Maybe just call Jay in advance and ask him? Might eliminate a potential issue besides which he's very easy to deal with.

Marc

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe just call Jay in advance and ask him? Might eliminate a potential issue besides which he's very easy to deal with.

Marc
No complaint with RDL I knew up front if I chose to retain factory heat it was not guaranteed, but I did think if I didn't I would have the flashing light, I think they do offer their heat with Guarantee I really don't need the heat but thought it was worth a shot, will try to disconnect battery.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Another thought; any chance the dealer you bought the bike from would let you swap seats to test the connection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts