GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed my seat it is all leather, black and medium gray, the gray shows up lighter in the pictures then it actually is, backrest is a Utopia, the slope in the riders backrest portion of the seat has been removed. I requested to keep my seating position as close to stock as possible it seems to be so but I won't know until I get some seat time it does feel very good just sitting in the garage.:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Nice set-up! My Build date is March 6th. I am having a dual leather (black) saddle built with their adjustable backrest. These saddles are great!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Very nice and you will like it more in the summer. When parked in the sun for 30 minutes the black seats are too hot to touch, yours will be much cooler and more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I just installed my seat it is all leather, black and medium gray, the gray shows up lighter in the pictures then it actually is, backrest is a Utopia, the slope in the riders backrest portion of the seat has been removed. I requested to keep my seating position as close to stock as possible it seems to be so but I won't know until I get some seat time it does feel very good just sitting in the garage.:grin2:

RDL sure makes a nice upgrade! I'm curious what height your seat is, they say it normally goes up a little and I asked if mine could go up even further (to help with my one OEM knee).

With the bike on the centerstand and putting the tape measure on the ground next to the 'leg' of the centerstand (the thingy you put your foot on to bring the centerstand down before lifting the bike up, to the highest point of the seat (lip) is 33 inches for me.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Beautiful color combo. Would look great on my Blue. Did the RDL recover move the passenger backrest forward any?

·
Registered
618 Posts
So they use your seat and also do they keep the factory heat?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
RDL sure makes a nice upgrade! I'm curious what height your seat is, they say it normally goes up a little and I asked if mine could go up even further (to help with my one OEM knee).

With the bike on the centerstand and putting the tape measure on the ground next to the 'leg' of the centerstand (the thingy you put your foot on to bring the centerstand down before lifting the bike up, to the highest point of the seat (lip) is 33 inches for me.
My saddle is being built two inches higher, and the rider portion two inches longer to give me the room I want. When I called out to Russell Cycle Products to set up a date I was told they could do 2 to 3 inches higher and extend the rider portion of the saddle 2 to 3 inches back (at the expense of the passenger portion of the saddle of course). They can retain the OEM heating mechanism.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
My saddle is being built two inches higher, and the rider portion two inches longer to give me the room I want. When I called out to Russell Cycle Products to set up a date I was told they could do 2 to 3 inches higher and extend the rider portion of the saddle 2 to 3 inches back (at the expense of the passenger portion of the saddle of course). They can retain the OEM heating mechanism.

Thanks but I've had my RDL seat since August of last year and love it.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I'm at 33 inches too on the edge, I would guess 32 inches in the flat center section.

Reactions: hojo in SC

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice and you will like it more in the summer. When parked in the sun for 30 minutes the black seats are too hot to touch, yours will be much cooler and more comfortable.
Not my first light color seat, besides the comfort factor it give the bike a different look.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful color combo. Would look great on my Blue. Did the RDL recover move the passenger backrest forward any?
No not at all, why do you ask ?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So they use your seat and also do they keep the factory heat?
Yes for 65.00, I would not bother if I could not retain the heat with the factory controls.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They did a backrest recover on my Vulcan and pushed my wife fwd 1-2”. She did not like it

I don't blame her for being unhappy, did you ask them about it?

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
You know, although I have no reason to switch seats, on my bike, BUT I do have to say that I truly love that color combination, on yours.............Sweet!

Good job!

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 28 Posts