GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the RDL seats "plant" you in the seat and restrict movement such as one would do when aggressively riding the twisties (i.e. putting your weight to the inside of the turn).

Someone with this seat who is not primarily riding upright in non twisty environments, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
827 Posts
I had one on my 06 for 6 years and it didn't make any difference when I wanted to get sporty on the Wing. It's not like you are dragging a knee on cornering. I live out west and ride in mountain environments all the time.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I have one on my R1200RTP. I have no problem with aggressive riding. Also had RDLs on my K1600s. They are very comfortable once they are broken in.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
The RDL does have more of a "pocket" for your butt, that's what makes it so comfortable.
But, there is no problem shifting around the seat when needed.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The RDL is a "touring" saddle, made for 600 mile days. If you want something that lets you move around when riding aggressively then maybe you should look at a Corbin.

Reactions: jettawreck

·
Registered
962 Posts
I had a RDL for the ST1300 and only put it on (takes about 30 seconds to adjust or change seats on the ST) for trips and/or when taking the passenger along. The "wings" on the side that made up the comfy butt "pocket" made it harder to reach the ground on the taller bike and the other seat (I'm not positive on the brand) was quite good and better looking with the "Pan European" embroidered logo. The RDL was superior for traveling and especially the passenger cushion in comparison to either the OEM or the other aftermarket seat(s). But, in actuality I used it very little.
I don't think it interfered with "aggressive" riding, but most of the time when being frisky on the bike I always preferred the other one. While quite comfy the RDL doesn't really feel/look very sporty.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. That is kind of what I expected to hear.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The RDL on my 2006 GW does not interfere with sporty riding. Sliding over on the seat and getting the upper body into the turn is no problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the RDL seats "plant" you in the seat and restrict movement such as one would do when aggressively riding the twisties (i.e. putting your weight to the inside of the turn).

Someone with this seat who is not primarily riding upright in non twisty environments, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Matt
I have a RDL on my 18dct tour and have no problem moving around in the seat in the curves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts