GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Dealer Recommendations

Greetings,

I am a newbie. Yesterday I traded my 05 FJR 1300 for the dark red 07 Goldwing. I have owned many motorcycles and really enjoyed the FJR for its speed and handling, but 2-up riding was sometimes a challenge and a pain in certain body parts. Made the move up to the wing and love it. Wife loved after the first ride.

We bought ours a Barney's in St. Petersburg. I had heard some horror stories, but I had been buying apparel and accessories for the FJR there for a while and always found their level of customer service to be excellent.

My salesman Ron Howard (I wanted to call him Opie) was very no push, no fuss. They answered every question and then some. Got a very good price and got a very good trade on the FJR, which I was originally going to sell myself.

Great shop as far as I am concerned.

Back before I bought the FJR I was thinking goldwing or ST1300. I went to the Honda dealer in Lakeland, because I used to live there and worked there for 22 years with the city PD. Any way, I found that you couldn't find a sales person when you needed one and when you could they were un-informed and in at least one instance downright rude. I have never gone back.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't know maybe things have changed in Lakeland -- I didn't have any problems finding a sales person. Even just browsing I had more than one stop by to make sure I was finding things ok -- did I need any help. Everyone there seemed very friendly to me.

Glad you enjoyed your purchase at Barney's and enjoy the Wing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts