GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Dynabeads

I got my 20 ounce bag of Dynabeads yesterday and set about installing them.

First, I read the instructions. I know that's not a manly thing to do but I did it anyway.

Then I rounded up my Engraving tool as they suggested. Then I took a piece of 1/4" tygon tubing and attached to the valve stem.

I had a 2 ounce syringe that I thought would be perfect to "Inject" the beads into the tubing.

I looked at the bag of beads and saw that they were in a plastic bag, inside of another plastic bag.

I cut the corner of the outside bag open , and then snipped off the corner of the inside bag.

I attemped to "suck up" an ounce of beads with the syringe. That didn't work. So I thought that I would remove the plunger from the syringe and just use it as a small funnel.

I plugged the end of the syringe and put in a vise to hold it upright. This is where I found that the instructions weren't adequate.

I big red letters it should have said " DO NOT DROP THE BAG ". I don't know how many of the little SOB's are in a 20 ounce bag, at least a zillion. It kind of reminded me of my first attempt at ice skating 50 years ago.

I did manage to quickly pick up the bag and save 17 ounces of them ( I weighed the bag afterward ). I know that 3 ounces will cover a 1400 square foot garage floor. I vacuumed the place but I'm sure I'll be finding them a year from now.

After that, it went really smooth. I used the engraver and it shook 1 1/4 ounces in there in a hurry. Now all that's left is the test ride. Of course it's a new tire and the installer said that the moved the front tire around a bit until "balance was good" in his words. So the test ride may not reveal anything. But I will report any "Ill effects" if I have any..............

R

·
0 Posts
Sure are small. Got some from Shinhopples today. I also broke the bead on my rear E3 today and found them same little critters in there. Been riding with them for 7 months and didn't even know it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thats just funny, you can't make up stuff like that. We've all been there done that at one time or another. Glad you were able to salvage the rest.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sure are small. Got some from Shinhopples today. I also broke the bead on my rear E3 today and found them same little critters in there. Been riding with them for 7 months and didn't even know it.
I don't know who mounted your E3 but, according to Buckskin, several shops in the Houston area are now using them.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Mike, in the sub-forum there's a board for Darksiders. Bartman violated a new truce by mentioning a car tire here in the "normal riders" section of the board.;)

There is some info there about the practice and it is (for some screwy reason) a sensitive subject :confused:. So if you have questions beyond "what is a CT" PLEASE go to the Darksiders or bad things will happen. :cop2:

Bartman will no doubt get 3 points on his Forum License for this transgression!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts