GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: Wallow Fire - Highway closures? and air quality?

I'm going to be traveling from Tucson to Denver and would like to avoid the I-10/I-25 route if possible.

Anyone know of any highway closures from Globe to Show Low? Actually, all the way up thru St Johns to I-40. I think these would be AZ-60 and AZ-61. (from there I would be going thru Farmington, Durango, etc.).

I know the highway(s) immediately east of the fire are closed, but I'm hoping the west side highways are OK, and most importantly the air quality is still good - for now anyway.

Nevertheless, any word on air quality along I-10 and I-25? If I have to take this route then I also have to worry about smoke from the Horseshoe fire.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I came down from the Show Low area to Globe through the Salt River Canyon last Sunday. The smoke was pretty thick through the canyon and on the North side. But that was because the winds had died down and the smoke settled in. The winds had been out of the Southwest so that area was clear until that day. The winds have picked up again so it might have cleared out by now. But none of the roads on this side of Show Low have been closed yet that I know of.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
You can dial 511 for Arizona road conditions or check the AZ DOT website.

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
US 60 is closed:

"On US Highway 60, EW-bound from mile post 384.45, at US 180 North to mile post 401.97, at New Mexico State Line"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts