·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
Reactions: Bullet Bob

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Open for comment, until I close it.

As the internet gets more sophisticated, so has the innovativeness of our membership to aggravate each other.

Once upon a time it was easy enough to say no swearing at each other no personal attacks etc etc.

I'm seeing a new disturbing trend which I can only describe as 'targeting" or "badgering".

Basically, it works like this:
a member will pose a question to another member or a vendor and then if they don't like the answer they just keep targeting and badgering and badgering and hoping to get a different answer.

That's not going to happen any more. We are losing members and threatening vendors and it's going to stop.

You're going to have to agree to disagree and the moderators will have new rules to enforce it.

Some people have to much time on there hands and just cannot agree to disagree. Some people just get offended if there response is not royally praised #1. For these people its like a " knee jerk" reaction and they dont realize how foolish they look or sound. If all the board members met once a year { which would be cool} some would act different in person and some would be their same old self. I respect all opinions and comments and can agree or disagree. I usually make a comment and respect others and thats as far has can go and further than that it will turns negative. Again if we met once a year and met each other which would be great it would stop a lot of this.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Wow, this is a bit disturbing. I’m here to learn, have fun and interact respectfully. Geez, let’s just all get along. This forum is too precious to screw up.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Some people have to much time on there hands and just cannot agree to disagree. Some people just get offended if there response is not royally praised #1. For these people its like a " knee jerk" reaction and they dont realize how foolish they look or sound. If all the board members met once a year { which would be cool} some would act different in person and some would be their same old self. I respect all opinions and comments and can agree or disagree. I usually make a comment and respect others and thats as far has can go and further than that it will turns negative. Again if we met once a year and met each other which would be great it would stop a lot of this.
Good idea. Come to the Spring Dark Side Ride In in Maggie Valley NC. You don't have to have an alternative tire to attend. But, we do like to ride. After a big day of many twisties, we congregate and some will sip some whiskey, some will have a beer or 4 and all will be welcome and feel included, if you're just wanting to meet up with like minded people. Try it, you'll like it. Darkside forum, hotel info. Go on, do it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Am looking forward to new rules , hope they are equitable towards all parties, have learned a lot through the years, on these forums. Spent good money to put excellent front end components under 2007 Wing at 63K and was satisfied with results. On other hand , hope forum does not become platform for free advertising from vendors and against those who may have different views being kicked out. I do understand threats have no place here for any member.

J White

·
Administrator
31,978 Posts
Is there a way for a forum member to block selected threads so they are not bothered with threads that don’t interest them?

If not, there should be.
Not really , but blocking members that irritate ya can be done here and now . PM me of you can it find that option.

Now for matter at hand ....
Thanks Dennis for making the new rules . I for one cannot wait to enforce them. As I have had my fill of the nonsense that reassently seems to be running at full throttle. It will be like the whack a mole game my daughter and I used to play . I was the king of smashing these pesty moles . Just sayin , I will start stretching right now so I do not pull anything . That's the key :wink2:
Rail

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
How about more than just a thumbs up or like option on a message. The current process allows for a thumbs up if you like or agree with it. No similar option exists for disagreement. So as a result, a disagreement is handled at the next level with a quote and rebuttal. Many of these could be eliminated with a thumbs down or something...... maybe.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Good idea. Come to the Spring Dark Side Ride In in Maggie Valley NC. You don't have to have an alternative tire to attend. But, we do like to ride. After a big day of many twisties, we congregate and some will sip some whiskey, some will have a beer or 4 and all will be welcome and feel included, if you're just wanting to meet up with like minded people. Try it, you'll like it. Darkside forum, hotel info. Go on, do it.
Been to Maggie Valley several time had a great time { Blue Ridge Parkway for those that dont know}

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I hope that disagreements can still be voiced. I think its part of the learning process. I agree it should be done with civility. I've been in trouble with all the Mods at one point or another. I guess I'm not very good at backing off. I'll do better on my part. And I've been trying Mods! It should be possible for grown men to disagree without getting bent out of shape. Some of us just need to be more careful with our responses and put ourself on the receiving end of that comment.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts

·
Love The DCT
11,555 Posts
How about more than just a thumbs up or like option on a message. The current process allows for a thumbs up if you like or agree with it. No similar option exists for disagreement. So as a result, a disagreement is handled at the next level with a quote and rebuttal. Many of these could be eliminated with a thumbs down or something...... maybe.

I’ve been on other forums that have a “thumbs down” for a dislike of a post. One forum I visit removed the “thumbs down” option because it generated some really nasty posts by members who were slighted that someone didn’t agree with their post and gave them a thumbs down.

Winter PMS at its max. :nojoke: Sure glad spring is only about a month away. :yes:
:doorag:

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
I’ve been on other forums that have a “thumbs down” for a dislike of a post. One forum I visit removed the “thumbs down” option because it generated some really nasty posts by members who were slighted that someone didn’t agree with their post and gave them a thumbs down.

Winter PMS at its max. :nojoke: Sure glad spring is only about a month away. :yes:
:doorag:
We already have an “unlike” button!

All you have to do is “like” my post first. Then look again. Right there is an option to “unlike” my post.:grin2:

Try it, you might like it. And, I will not get upset, promise.>:)

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Why not add a moderator only "caution" marker to post or posts in a thread approaching violation of the rules?

I've seen moderator intervention to threads with the "read the rules" post which seems to "kill the thread" and often leaves participants wondering "who/or what was that directed at?....or was it me?" Point is general cautions like "read the rules" posts quite often increase uncertainty, they don't clarify either who is doing something wrong, or what they are doing wrong. Hope that's constructive.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.