GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Team East Baton that needs to go from Topeka to Lincoln and from what I can come up with on to Pierre and Bismark the west. I'm retired and can ride just about any day as long as it's safe. I have enough miles that I can get it to Columbus if necessary. If you want to join in on the fun drop me a PM and we'll work out the details. The rules are on the Rides Trips & Events forum under Team east there are around 23 pages so you can find it fairly easily. I've posted the dates that I won't be available on that board, but basically I can meet you anytime and about anyplace. What team west did was Kanwaka met up with Revrunt at the Honda dealer in Lincoln and we went to lunch (Revrunt was kind enough to even pay, thank you very much Revrunt) and then we went over to the Capitol and took some pictures and headed out until Kanwaka ran out of miles in York and passed the baton there.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the Team East Baton and it's getting warmer time to move it north through Lincoln and on to Pierre. I can ride about any time that works for others.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
At the rate the baton is traveling, I may be able to get involved in early July when I go to Washington State. My planned route will take me through Cheyenne, WY, Salt Lake City, UT and then on to Boise, ID and I may even be close enough to Olympia, WA at some point to go to the Capitol there. At the very least, I can do a relay with a rider up there.

The only problem is the mileage limitation for one rider. It is over 400 miles from Cheyenne to Salt Lake City and a little over 300 from Salt Lake City to Boise. I think the most that any one rider can carry the baton is 300 miles if I remember correctly.

My planed route is below and it will be during the first week in July (around the 5th or 6th), so if I can be of assistance, let me know. I'll be in Washington for about 4 weeks touring around the state, so going to Olympia is not out of the question either.

http://goo.gl/maps/H3q90

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
At the rate the baton is traveling, I may be able to get involved in early July when I go to Washington State. My planned route will take me through Cheyenne, WY, Salt Lake City, UT and then on to Boise, ID and I may even be close enough to Olympia, WA at some point to go to the Capitol there. At the very least, I can do a relay with a rider up there.

The only problem is the mileage limitation for one rider. It is over 400 miles from Cheyenne to Salt Lake City and a little over 300 from Salt Lake City to Boise. I think the most that any one rider can carry the baton is 300 miles if I remember correctly.

My planed route is below and it will be during the first week in July (around the 5th or 6th), so if I can be of assistance, let me know. I'll be in Washington for about 4 weeks touring around the state, so going to Olympia is not out of the question either.

http://goo.gl/maps/H3q90
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?325454-Baton-Relay-Issue

See above for change to 600 miles. Post #4.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Thanks Ron, I probably read that last year and forgot it. CRS ya know! ;) The 600 mile limit will help for sure. I'll check in again to see where the Team East baton is at the end of June to see if I can help out.

Whoever takes care of updating the team maps, I sure would like to see a current Team East and Team West map side-by-side for comparison.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need some help here need to get the team East Baton moving. I can ride just about any day or time and can get the baton to Lincoln or a little way north of there, whichever is best for the person taking it from me. Either post here or send me a PM if that's easier.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Need some help here need to get the team East Baton moving. I can ride just about any day or time and can get the baton to Lincoln or a little way north of there, whichever is best for the person taking it from me. Either post here or send me a PM if that's easier.
In the first week of July (on or about the 5th) I will be passing through Lincoln, NE and then Cheyenne, WY on my way to Washington State. I can take the baton on that 440 mile leg. BUT someone will have to meet me in Cheyenne to take it from there. Otherwise if no one is there to get the baton from me, it will go back to NJ when I return home.

OR, I can do Cheyenne, WY to Salt Lake City, UT leg. But either way, someone will have to be waiting to hand the baton to me and to receive it from me. Contact me by PM if I can help.

This is my tentative route.
http://goo.gl/maps/i5qH5

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wingleader09 thanks for the offer. Sorry that won't work because I'll be back east the 4th of July, hopefully somebody well step up way before that, but thanks again for the offer.

·
Registered
999 Posts
C'mon Nebraska -- MAN UP!!!!!! Stop "dreaming" about your football team and grab the baton and MOVE IT! Surely there has to be at least one man/woman in Husker land that can help out. DON'T let this opportunity pass you bye .......

Let me know when you want to help out and I'll ride out and buy breakfast/lunch/coffee just to ride with you.

Don't be the state that drops the "ball" or "baton". Let's go BIG RED:yes1:

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see that this thread has been looked at a lot but nobody seems willing to take the baton and get it headed out of state. Here is the link to the Team east thread if you want to know what I'm talking about. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?256987-Team-East-Official-Thread. I'm willing to be very flexible on meeting as to location and time. Is there anybody in Nebraska willing to you don't even have to come to Kansas if you are a football fan that way your boots won't get any Kansas dirt on them. I'm not a football fan so that takes any grief out of it from this end.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m posting this on both the Nebraska board and Team Eastboard. It appears that all interest hasbeen lost in getting the baton to the west coast. I have had it for 6 months now and can’t getanybody to respond to get this thing moving again. Apparently there are either no riders inNebraska that want to take a ride just for the heck of it or else they have nointerest in meeting anybody from this forum.
Now that I am finished complaining the question is. Do we just toss the Baton in a land fill oris somebody going to step up and pick this thing up in the Lincoln area?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I’m posting this on both the Nebraska board and Team Eastboard. It appears that all interest hasbeen lost in getting the baton to the west coast. I have had it for 6 months now and can’t getanybody to respond to get this thing moving again. Apparently there are either no riders inNebraska that want to take a ride just for the heck of it or else they have nointerest in meeting anybody from this forum.
Now that I am finished complaining the question is. Do we just toss the Baton in a land fill oris somebody going to step up and pick this thing up in the Lincoln area?
You cant toss it or bad luck will come your way just kidding I like to see it keep moving it was a nice way to meet poeple on here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts