GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, a dumb question,

I am installing a Wig-Wag and I think I understand that install but I have a license plate with HyperLights across the top that I would like to o hook it up with running and brake lights.

Is there a "magic" connector just waiting for me in the mess of wires under the rear fender. I have the rear fender off so everything is open

If thee is no plug and play what color wires do I tap into for:
-- the running light
-- the brake light
-- for the ground wire

It i possible to ground directly to the frame since it all aluminum? If I can’t ground to the frame then were could I tap into a ground line?

Thanks RIDE SAFE,
DonNJ

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
DonNJ,

From your name, I take it that you are from New Jersey. If so, bear in mind that hyper lights and wig-wag tail lights are illegal at time of inspection. 4 years when the bike is new, then 2 years after that.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: NJ Inspection

Hi Stallion,

Thanks for the info but living in NJ I already know that we have lots of laws here that are a waste of time. All I care about is being seen. I have had a Back-Off unit with HyperLites for the past 3 years (and 50,000 miles) and have never been stopped – not even once.

I guess I will worry about inspection when my inspection is due in 2010. I also think the dealer inspects bikes in NJ so I'm betting there is some leeway given there.

But just in case I get stuck with some bureaucratic inspector with a Napoleonic complex, I will install it in such a way so that I can undo it in 10 minutes and then reconnect it as soon as I pass.

Thanks - RIDE SAFE

DonNJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts