GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who just bought a brand new Dodge Challenger. Base model, but REAL nice with tons of standard features. He got the car at 0% financing and only paid $18,950!

What does a new Wing cost?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
New Wing = FUN = Priceless

Yellow is always a PLUS!!!!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
No reality check for me. I could say it's as different as apples and oranges but really it's as different as my lovely bride feeding me sweet seedless grapes on a blanket in the park on a sunny day and taking a spoonful of cod-liver oil on a rainy, icy, snowy, cold cold day.:coffee1:
No comparison, besides it's a Chrysler.

·
Registered
74 Posts
also look at 5 year depreciation..... Chrysler less than half of purchase price...Wing 60 percent or better.....not to mention will Chrysler still be in business 5 years from now....

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sorry to say but your friend got screwed. The wing is a better value and a
lot more fun.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Give us his address and we'll send him a sympathy card

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I think your friend got took!!:roll: Shoulda bought a Wing and had a lot more fun. Ate too much and even when you change the oil you get to have a beer or two. Yep, the Wing is a lot more fun.

Priceless.

Kit

O

·
0 Posts
Considering, we don't fit in these modern little cars - I don't get the question.:shrug:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I have a friend who just bought a brand new Dodge Challenger. Base model, but REAL nice with tons of standard features. He got the car at 0% financing and only paid $18,950!

What does a new Wing cost?

2007 Orange Honda Goldwing ABS+Traxxion+Zumo 550+Bushtec+WingSoft+$$$$

About $27,000 after all this added.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Paying $315/month for 5 years for something that'll be worth 60% of its value doesn't sound smart to me. Save your money and pay $9K cash for something used that's worth $9K. The insurance/sales tax/property tax will all be cheaper too.

Then again, it's not me making the payments.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm happy for him, but I'm also happy for me because I have my Wing. I guess if we are both happy, that's a good thing. :yes1:

·
Vendor
22,067 Posts
It looks like many folks missed the point of this post.

When a motorcycle (even a GoldWing) costs more than a brand new muscle car, you do have to start asking some tough questions, and I can't help but wonder where we are headed.

I wonder just how many folks on this board will upgrade to the new Wing when it comes out, and how many will hang on to what they have, because the new one costs too much. At what point does Honda start to price themselves out of the market?

Do any of you guys remember the days when motorcycles were considered a cheaper form of transportation? It seems like every year the motorcycle manufactures (especially Honda) just keep raising the price. Wasn't it just a week or two ago that Hal posted a pending price increase on 2009 models?

How much would the GoldWing price have to increase from where it is to make you not buy another one? Personally, I think I am just about there right now. I love the bike, but the pricing has just about become insane, and the way they force you to buy all the stuff you don't want just to get ABS isn't helping either.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
It looks like many folks missed the point of this post.

When a motorcycle (even a GoldWing) costs more than a brand new muscle car, you do have to start asking some tough questions, and I can't help but wonder where we are headed.

I wonder just how many folks on this board will upgrade to the new Wing when it comes out, and how many will hang on to what they have, because the new one costs too much. At what point does Honda start to price themselves out of the market?

Do any of you guys remember the days when motorcycles were considered a cheaper form of transportation? It seems like every year the motorcycle manufactures (especially Honda) just keep raising the price. Wasn't it just a week or two ago that Hal posted a pending price increase on 2009 models?

How much would the GoldWing price have to increase from where it is to make you not buy another one? Personally, I think I am just about there right now. I love the bike, but the pricing has just about become insane, and the way they force you to buy all the stuff you don't want just to get ABS isn't helping either.
:agree: Well said.

Save your money and pay $9K cash for something used that's worth $9K. The insurance/sales tax/property tax will all be cheaper too.
Twyn's suggestion makes sense. You run the risk of buying a "clunker"......but it's a Gold Wing. You get the best touring motorcycle in the world for $9,000. If it's been well looked after, I'd rather spend $9,000 for a bike that might depreciate $2,000 over the next couple of years rather than $20,000+++ for a bike that will depreciate a lot more than $2,000 over the next couple of years.

Just my 2¢.

·
Vendor
22,067 Posts
Here's a reality check for you. Also, keep in mind, these prices are all supposed to go up in about a month.

• 2009 Gold Wing Audio Comfort MSRP $20,999
    Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi XM MSRP $23,299
  • 2009 Gold Wing Audio Comfort Navi XM ABS MSRP $24,399
    Gold Wing AIRBAG MSRP $25,599
You had better buy before April 1, 2009.

We just received this bulletin:

The depreciation of the dollar as compared to he Japanese yen and the rising costs of raw materials necessitate that American Honda increase 2009 model year pricing. The estimated average increase is 7.8%.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts