GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake of going on a couple of long trips and neglecting my wheels for awhile. I tried everything I could find and nothing did a good job cleaning them. I wanted the wheels to look like new again. I kept checking blogs for products and kept spending money until I came across a product called ENGLISH CUSTOM POLISH. www.englishcustompolishing.com

It goes on like a wax and you have to spend time because it's a 3 step polishing product and you get three bottles using each one in order. I will tell you this. My wheels looked like crap before I started and when I got done they looked BETTER than new. I kid you not they polish up better than new. They will also get off that staining that seems to take place on Wing alloy wheels.

If your cleaning wheels regularly you may not need this stuff, but if you wants shiney and new, this stuff works.

Oh, this stuff set me back about $40 so it's not cheap, but it does what it says it will do. It is evident it is some sort of chemical process. given the odor and suggestion to put the lid back on after application. But if you need results... beyond brake powder, this stuff is phenominal.

You may just want to look at their web site as you might learn some stuff about metal cleaning.

Anyone tried it? Be interested in your opinion. Hope this helps someone.

Kid

·
Registered
78 Posts
I made the mistake of going on a couple of long trips and neglecting my wheels for awhile. I tried everything I could find and nothing did a good job cleaning them. I wanted the wheels to look like new again. I kept checking blogs for products and kept spending money until I came across a product called ENGLISH CUSTOM POLISH. www.englishcustompolishing.com

It goes on like a wax and you have to spend time because it's a 3 step polishing product and you get three bottles using each one in order. I will tell you this. My wheels looked like crap before I started and when I got done they looked BETTER than new. I kid you not they polish up better than new. They will also get off that staining that seems to take place on Wing alloy wheels.

If your cleaning wheels regularly you may not need this stuff, but if you wants shiney and new, this stuff works.

Oh, this stuff set me back about $40 so it's not cheap, but it does what it says it will do. It is evident it is some sort of chemical process. given the odor and suggestion to put the lid back on after application. But if you need results... beyond brake powder, this stuff is phenominal.

You may just want to look at their web site as you might learn some stuff about metal cleaning.

Kid
No Pictures?

·
Registered
104 Posts

Kid
What exactly are the products? There are several on that site. What did you buy, specifically?

Sounds good to me. I was told to get the Master Formula stuff but this looks like it might be better.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Polish

At the suggestion of the person who recommended English Custom Polish to me I bought:

1) Metal Polish and Restorer
2) Showman's Ultra Fine Polish
3) Custom Blend Show Quality Finish

They should be used in this order as one is stronger than the other. These folks know their products and if you have questions you can call them and they even answer the phone. Their website convinced me too.
Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts