GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Kuryakyn is the worst. They always give you the instructions, but no pictures with which to match the instructions.

I've just received the Superbrace and for some reason, I'm always the last one on the UPS route; 8:00 PM CST; par for the course.

Anyway, the instructions state: "There is a steel bracket that holds the Air Bag hose in Place. Remove the bolt that is at the top of the bracket" No pictures or further directions. I've never seen an Air Bag model, but the ads state this is a simple installation. How do I identify the air bag hose?

Can someone please provide a little better instructions for this install? I'd like to get this done tonight.

·
Vendor
17,802 Posts
There is no such thing as an airbag hose. Everything you and I need to know about an airbag is yellow. All the electrical wires and connetors are yellow. If you have to disconnect a connector, make sure you disconnect the battery for 3 mins prior. If I recall correctly, there are 3 sensor wires around the fork brace area and all are yellow.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know what you mean. I bought the Superbrace Airbag Model and it sounds like the same instruction sheet was included. No pictures or anything. Luckily my daughter's 19-year old boyfriend was helping me. He spent 10-15 minutes analyzing the front wheel area, and then provided recommendations which made sense to me, so we took it step my step, and low and behold, we got it on. Unfortunately I can't recall what we (he) removed, wiggled past, etc. to get it on. I know he had to weave the Superbrace between several of the hoses...

I thought Kuryakan had videos on their website to how to install their stuff...

·
Registered
316 Posts
There instructions are not great. I bought a trailer hitch and the instructions had me removing the front fender. They were apparently not for the trailer hitch. I figured it out how to install it with out instructions. Be brave you will get it

Allen

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies; I figured it out. I was angry and just venting. But seriously, the instructions we receive with some of these parts are really ridiculous.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, so I don't have it covered. The instructions state to tighten the brace to 10 ft/lbs, that's just over finger tight. Next, bounce the front end and then retighten the pinch bolts. BUT, nothing else is stated about the brace bolts. Do they stay at 10 pounds?

I'm in the middle of this and would appreciate a prompt reply.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those instructions are a little different than the one's I have. It's late, so I'll call it quits and call Superbrace tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
It is not just Kury, but it is getting to be the normal now-a-days.

My favorite is one manual for 23 different models, or the one page sheet with 5 languages.

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
Buy something from FESTOOL(very good German woodworking tools) and try and figure out their instructions

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I always like Penthouse magazine. I just look at the pictures. Never did believe those who say they read the articles. :joke::joke:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts