GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having rear brake chatter and here is situation, started early this season with ab out 22k. This is only happening using foot pedal portion of rear brakes. When pulling hand brake it was not there. It was and still is at speeds between 40 and 50. If i apply hand brake first and then pedal it doesn't happen or is very minor. So I purchased new rear pads (OEM) and installed at 23K. Didn't help, thought they would ware in but now have over 26K and it is still there. Braking is still very good and strong, no noises, no smells and no visual evidence of serious heat.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I think you need the "GL1800 Rocky bleed", just google it. He did not come up with it, but we seem to have named it after him.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pressure bleeding

Ok Thanks, but i have details question. I can pressure bleed for the rear reservoir but how is everyone sealing off the top of reservoir and feeding the pressurized fluid into system?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My new 2014 was doing this brake chatter thing. I hung some lead weights on the rear brake pedal for days. Wasn't riding so I just let it hang there. Every so often I would walk by and give the rear brake pedal a few pumps. Have rode about 2500 miles since doing this and no brake chatter.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
My new 2014 was doing this brake chatter thing. I hung some lead weights on the rear brake pedal for days. Wasn't riding so I just let it hang there. Every so often I would walk by and give the rear brake pedal a few pumps. Have rode about 2500 miles since doing this and no brake chatter.
I did the same on mine last year, fixed it for the year. It is back this year so I am doing it again. But we are both fixing to get reamed from the "professionals" because it is not in the manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts