GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a lot of talk last summer about brake vibration, when pushing with light pressure on the rear brakes, but would stop if the pedal was pushed harder, or you pulled the front brakes, this only happened during the hot summer months.

My 2002 GL1800 was one of the bikes that was doing this, Fred H. posted that he thought that the left front brake rotor or disk, was where the problem could be, since last summer my bike has gotten worst with vibration, even in this cold weather, I now get the vibration plus a pulsation in the rear brake pedal when stopping until I pull the front brakes, I had my left front rotor checked today, I found out it is warped, I don't know if this warped rotor has anything to do with the rear brake vibration, but I will know when the rotor gets here, and I get it on the bike...lets hope this is the problem with rear brake vibration...at least we will know the trouble is.

Stay tuned folks.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
That makes sense as its linked to the back brake so you will feel the pulsing if the front left is warped. Its more rare for a rear brake disc to warp because most of your braking and the heat generated by it is at the front end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts