GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week or so ago I read in a thread where someone bought a complete rear assembly for a wing but I can't remember where the thread was, what it was titled or who the poster was. :roll: :shrug:

The search function is not helping out either so I was hoping someone might remember what, when or where and let me know! :bow:

Pete

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
There are plenty of them from trike take-off's. I bought one brand new, never been on the road complete with swing arm rotor and brake caliper for $100.
You can find them for way less than $250.

Jeff..

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Got my brand new one on Ebay for $50...just watch for several days before squeezing the trigger.

·
Registered
173 Posts
swingarm in BC

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294101

Most of you fortunate people down in the states don't realize how expensive it is to get one of those cheap final drives shipped to the land of ice and snow. Those selling one in Canada have already paid that added expense.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one in the thread I read included the swing arm, wheel and tire, plus the brake assembly. I'm not sure if it included the drive shaft.

The other people reading the thread seemed to think it was a good deal. :shrug:

I'm really interested in getting another rear wheel and thought that it would not hurt to get the rest of the parts to keep in stock.

Pete

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had my final drive fail while on a two week tour. fortunately it was three hundred miles from home and we had a "trouble truck" and trailer along with us. our group was 28 harleys and two hondas. so naturally the ribbing was coming my way ( half the hondas are broke down, etc)

Well, it took me about ten minutes on Ebay to find a new take off unit for $100 plus shipping. Three days for the part to arrive and a day to make the repair. It would have been much more difficult if i didn't have my Pit-Bull Lift, my CD-Rom service manual and the experience that posts on this board.

For what it's worth, I pull a trailer a Lot, usually ride two-up. Change the final drive fluid every other rear tire change. (Amsoil) 72K miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts