GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear factory/ stock tire is cupping, sounds like a snow tire @ high speeds :roll:
How many others are having/had this problem :?:
I read all about the front tire wobble, cupping, bearings, blah blah blah :lol:
There is no wobble or shake in my bike, just came home from the BRP hauled A$$ all the way to Jersey @ 85mph 2 up, & towing a trailer with out a squeek..
any comments regarding the rear tire would be appreciated :wink:

·
Chard Member
13,055 Posts
BASSNMAN said:
just came home from the BRP hauled A$$ all the way to Jersey @ 85mph 2 up, & towing a trailer with out a squeek..
If the bike was loaded down and the tire had low pressure, your results seem to be normal. Hauling the max weight with a trailer you need to use max pressure.

FYI... You don't have E3's if you have the factory tires. You have D250's.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red said:
BASSNMAN said:
just came home from the BRP hauled A$$ all the way to Jersey @ 85mph 2 up, & towing a trailer with out a squeek..
If the bike was loaded down and the tire had low pressure, your results seem to be normal. Hauling the max weight with a trailer you need to use max pressure.

Red you could be right re: E-3's, they may be D250's?
I have to look :oops: :oops:
Any way I want to install Avons, the tires have 11,000 mi on them, I noticed the cupping action @ about 8000-8500 mi.
Just thougth I'd ask my fellow Wingers, I know that some of the most knowledgable bikers around are on this board, I always respect the opiniuns of the members & thank them for being there :wink: :wink:

thanks guys
I never intended to see these tires on the bike this long, over the winter the Avons will replace the Dunlops, I was sure that there is nothing wrong w/ the bike.
If I go another 1000 mi + with these tires before winter I'll be happy :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Red

·
Registered
977 Posts
My OEM 250s only lasted about 11,000 miles and it looks like the E-3s are not going to last much longer than that. I have 9,000 on the E-3 and hate them. They lost traction some time back and are very noisy. Without the radio going I can hear the tires over everything else. The slightest irregularity in the road along with the cupping makes the back end squirm while in a corner. I live in E-Tennessee and regularly look for the crooked road on the map, and keep the sir pressure @ 41-R and 40-F. Tire is not worn down to the wear bars yet but I have decided to go with Bridgestone for the next set.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a 2006,replaced the rear tire at 15,000 with another Dunlop,why not with that mileage and just replaced the front with 16,000.Check the air pressure religiously.

·
Registered
35 Posts
BASSNMAN said:
Red said:
BASSNMAN said:

Red you could be right re: E-3's, they may be D250's?
I have to look :oops: :oops:
Any way I want to install Avons, the tires have 11,000 mi on them, I noticed the cupping action @ about 8000-8500 mi.
Just thougth I'd ask my fellow Wingers, I know that some of the most knowledgable bikers around are on this board, I always respect the opiniuns of the members & thank them for being there :wink: :wink:

thanks guys
I never intended to see these tires on the bike this long, over the winter the Avons will replace the Dunlops, I was sure that there is nothing wrong w/ the bike.
If I go another 1000 mi + with these tires before winter I'll be happy :wink: :wink:

You will be very pleased with the Avons I change my at 9000 and have love them, (70s) and now have the same on the front.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the info, when I purchase the new tires I w/buy the 70 series for the rear, to end the speedo difference :roll:
I checked the revw's on HDL regarding the Avons :roll: out of 18 revw's 4-5 claim the Avons are NG :? :?
The rest of the writers claim their good, it looks like about 65-70% like em the rest don't like em :? :?
I say the majority rules :wink: I'm buying em :) :) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts