GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2006 GL1800 W/champion Kit. Wondering how often you folks grease your deferential?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Grease your U-joint (both fittings) every other oil change. Or you'll replace it soon.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Have a 2006 GL1800 W/champion Kit. Wondering how often you folks grease your deferential?
Do you know if yours is a toyota rearend or suzuki mine is a suzuki was trying to get u joint number without going back to champion with no luck.I grease mine about every 3000 miles or the wifes not mine.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Defrential Greasing

This is all I could find out from the Champion Folks:

2006 CHAMPION TRIKE KIT

MODEL NUMBER: 705026 (My Model No.)
PHONE: 1-714-847-0948
Bolt behind the universal = Toyota
Screw in = Suzuki

Whatever that means. I also would like to know for sure what I have. Would make getting parts a dab easier. Would also like to carry a spare U-Joint. Can never tell when you may need one.

If anyone can help, please post a reply or PM. Thanks

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Mine bolts up to flange-suzuki, if has bolts with nuts-toyota, that's what i found out and 06 had both i ordered some seals from them last winter and of course they were wrong good thing it was winter it was on jack stands a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I have the Toyota in my 06.
I grease fitting every spring and have over 26,000 trouble free miles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We have a 2010 Champion with olny about 3300 miles on her. Is it now time for a greasing or can I wait a while longer? She is about due for an oile change I guess so I will proably do it then. What kind of differential is in the 2010 model?

Thanks for replies.
Ritchie

·
Registered
927 Posts
FWIW to anyone, DFT says grease the u-joints and the bottom suspension bearings every oil change. And replace the differential oil at 25,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
We have a 2010 Champion with olny about 3300 miles on her. Is it now time for a greasing or can I wait a while longer? She is about due for an oile change I guess so I will proably do it then. What kind of differential is in the 2010 model?

Thanks for replies.
Ritchie
If its staight axle and the drive shaft bolts to flange its a suzuki.They also have irs unit,

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
01 WINGER: I am not up on a lot of the abbreviations used on these posts, so at the risk of showing my bonafide ignorance, what does "irs" mean?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
01 WINGER: I am not up on a lot of the abbreviations used on these posts, so at the risk of showing my bonafide ignorance, what does "irs" mean?
It means independent rear suspenion they have cv -joints like a front wheel drive car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts