GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I was on vacation up in Nova Scotia, while I was up there I found out that my wife had passed away. It was three days before I called the police and was then they went round to check to so if she was ok, It was a terrible shock to me while I was on a camp site in the late evening in the dark to be informed my wife had pasted away.
Back to the subject of the rear fender panel, the one which the tag go's on.
I have already have something painted on mine, "in memory of somebody else who had died in a motorcycle accident, now I wish to change this, and something put on there in memory of my darling wife. She loved riding and the Goldwing was her best place, she loved the wing.
My Goldwing is an 06 GL1800 color Blackcherry. Is there anybody out there who has had a trike conversion and have a 06 rear fender, color Blackcherry.
Please I need one so that I can have in memory of my Lady Ann painted on there.
I would like to have on there.

In memory of my loving wife

Lady Ann

( a painted red rose )

Ride on with me my angle

Can anybody help me out with the back fender panel, then I can get somebody to paint what I have just written above.

Thanks

English Charlie

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I don't. Sorry to hear of your loss!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I’m very sorry to hear of your loss.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
So very sorry for your loss, Prayers sent from Michigan.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Charlie, I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. It is always terrible to loose a loved one.

You should check with the trike convertor guys.. they usually have bunches of Goldwing rear end parts left over.. Saddlebags, fenders, rear ends and so on. And they are usually in pristine condition, because the bike was triked out when it was new.

I can't help you with the graphics, but you might try a local sign shop. If he doesn't do that kind of work, he will probably know who does in the area.

=Dave=

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Charlie,
Sorry about your loss. If you want to replace what is there, use Easy Off Oven Cleaner and it will take off Pinstriping and not hurt the original paint.
Good Luck!

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Two weeks ago I was on vacation up in Nova Scotia, while I was up there I found out that my wife had passed away. It was three days before I called the police and was then they went round to check to so if she was ok, It was a terrible shock to me while I was on a camp site in the late evening in the dark to be informed my wife had pasted away.
Back to the subject of the rear fender panel, the one which the tag go's on.
I have already have something painted on mine, "in memory of somebody else who had died in a motorcycle accident, now I wish to change this, and something put on there in memory of my darling wife. She loved riding and the Goldwing was her best place, she loved the wing.
My Goldwing is an 06 GL1800 color Blackcherry. Is there anybody out there who has had a trike conversion and have a 06 rear fender, color Blackcherry.
Please I need one so that I can have in memory of my Lady Ann painted on there.
I would like to have on there.

In memory of my loving wife

Lady Ann

( a painted red rose )

Ride on with me my angle

Can anybody help me out with the back fender panel, then I can get somebody to paint what I have just written above.

Thanks

English Charlie

Charlie.I'm very sorry for your loss.My Thought & prayes are with you in this difficult time.I have been in your shoes as well.

I have had great sucess in removing pin stripping with Off fume free.
I sprayed it into the cap and applied it to the stripping with a Q-Tip.Let it sit for 10 minutes and it will rub right off.It does not hurt the paint or clear coat.Most pinstrippers use this method too.

Also:
I talked to another member about a rear fender for you and he didn't have one but told me to contact another board member who does trike installs.
Tony at http://www.tonystrikes.com/

I called Tony alsoand left a voicemail with this info and thread title.hopefully he'll respond here,but you can also leave him a voicemail if you like for direct contact with him.

I also did some searching on ebay for you and found a couple rear fenders.
I did check your color code against these fenders.

2006/2007/2008 are the only years that will fit your bike with the sme color code. *R303M* (CABERNET RED METALLIC)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320526553727&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

His shipping is a little high,maybe you could ask him to lower it seeing you are both on the same coast?.(08 is the same color code as your 06 *R303M* )

This one says off a 2001 but Honda doesn't show a candy blackcherry for 2001.Ask them if they know what year it did come off of?.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330370299824&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
70 Posts
extra fender panel

I just bought a set of saddlebags and will have an extra rear fender panel. R303M* (CABERNET RED METALLIC
I should receive it by Friday and will check its condition.
Dean
CA

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I just bought a set of saddlebags and will have an extra rear fender panel. R303M* (CABERNET RED METALLIC
I should receive it by Friday and will check its condition.
Dean
CA
I have one in Cabernet Red, same as Dean. You can have it if you don't find one closer to you. Sorry to hear about your wife, that had to be rough to hear so far from home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts