GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the stick on pads that go on the rear of the bike to protect the fender when you have the helment in the locked position hanging from the trunk. Does anyone know where to purchase them.

I saw them on a website but don't remember which one it was. :banghead:

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Rick

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I just carry some nifty soft cloth protective pads that clip on the helmet hanger. They stow in the trunk when not in use.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just carry some nifty soft cloth protective pads that clip on the helmet hanger. They stow in the trunk when not in use.
Id rather do that. Do you have any information on that? pics or website

·
Registered
470 Posts
I take my gloves off an put them between the rear fender and the helmet.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
My helmets came with protective covers. Place them on the helmet and them hang the helmet. Works well and helps keep dust from getting on the helmet liner when in a dusty area.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Take a color matching hand towel, poke a couple of holes in it to match the hangers. Hang it on the hooks, then hang helmets. Be sure to remove the towel after you remove the helmets, or your buddies will never let you forget it :shrug:.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, All great ideas, I like the helmet cover idea, that sounds the best but mine are very tight and hard to get on and off.
I think I will go with the hand towel idea. Also I just may purchase two golf towels with the eyelet already in the corner and use that. (anal I know) but seems to be the best solution for now and not having to stick anything on the fender is the way to go.
Thanks for all of your input. You guys are the best!
Regards, Rick

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use 2 potholders from Wally World. One for each side if we're 2 up.
Motodoc42
AMA, MSTA, STOC102
Now that's a great idea! Do you have to get a long piece of material so it will reach or just the standard pot holder?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plain Jane potholder works fine.
Motodoc42
I got 2 black ones to match and they work perfect. Thanks for the great idea. Glad I didnt put anything on the fender.
Regards, Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts