GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a recent trip I had the rear tire go flat. While trying to get stopped from highway speed 75MPH (Montana Posted) my tire torn out the inner rear fender. It is called the "B" fender.
Ok I've read the maintenance on how to get the rear fender off now I want someone that has been there to tell me.
Is it a big deal to change? Do I have to unhook the rear lights to get the saddle bags off?
I was planning on diving into it this wekend. Any ideas or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.............. :?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have never done it but it has been my experience that you normally do not have to remove half the items the service manuals say that you do to perform the desired work. The only way to know for sure is to go after it.

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
did the tire delaminate ? if so u might b able to turn it in to the manufacturer for warranty

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
joewinger said:
On a recent trip I had the rear tire go flat. While trying to get stopped from highway speed 75MPH (Montana Posted) my tire torn out the inner rear fender. It is called the "B" fender.
Ok I've read the maintenance on how to get the rear fender off now I want someone that has been there to tell me.
Is it a big deal to change? Do I have to unhook the rear lights to get the saddle bags off?
I was planning on diving into it this wekend. Any ideas or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.............. :?
If all you lost was a "B" fender, sounds like you did a great job getting it stopped. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts