GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to install the Gold strike rear LED trunk light on my bike. I have a trailer wire harness isolator installed on the bike already. Has anyone added the plug and play installation kit to a trailer wire harness isolator? It looks as though they both plug in at the left and right side rear taillight connectors under the seat and I am a little concerned that it will be to many connectors and or cause problems.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Wouldn’t it be possible to just remove the plug from the Goldstrike harness and then connect the wires via a Posi-Tap into the isolated trailer harness? It will save you $110 and a mess of extra wires under the seat.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,563 Posts
Wouldn’t it be possible to just remove the plug from the Goldstrike harness and then connect the wires via a Posi-Tap into the isolated trailer harness? It will save you $110 and a mess of extra wires under the seat.
Thats what I'm going to do. I don't see any reason why you can't tap into the brake and turn signal wires coming off the trailer isolator that are leading to the trailer lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts