GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'd like to know if any after market lug nuts will work (properly) on the wing. If so, which ones? You can contact me at ([email protected]) I was just looking for something a little different. Thanks:popcorn:

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Honda Civic lug nuts are exactly the same...but...

Why?

Size 12mm x 1.5mm

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I replaced my original lug nuts because they rusted badly. Just took one to AutoZone and checked the thread and size ... they had new ones in the bins in the back ... singles ... chromed, unlike Mother Honda's nearly naked steel. Forget how much ... maybe $2.00 each. :thumbup:

·
Registered
883 Posts
You might try a trike shop. I picked up 5 lug nuts for $10 a while back at a shop in SE MN. They claimed they were off a new 2010 wing that was triked.
Ron Fuller

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
As long as the Taper & Threads are the same you can use whatever you want.

Had a situation recently where I had to call Dorman to determine the Taper Angle on a conversion we were doing. Was supprised to find out it was 60 degrees, not 45 like I thought it would be.

Guess what I am saying is that a little research goes a long way.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Thanks,

I know that. I was having to machine adaptors to attach an original 1923 Ford T-Model Wheel to a Ford Ranger Rear End for a movie we were working on, and wanted to be sure of the taper of the specific lug nuts we purchased for use with the adaptor.

Like I said a little research goes a long way. I was trying to point out to the OP If the thread fits but the taper is wrong it could cause problems for him.

The simple fix would be of course, to replace them with OEM Nuts. But maybe he wants something different ?? Locking Chrome Nuts Maybe ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts