GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have one for sale. However I thought I would share my choice.

I used to have a 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale. I really liked the size and function of the stock Yamaha trunk rack.
When I got my 2005 Goldwing, I mounted the Yamaha rack on the Wing. It fit like it was made for the Honda. I even put a Goldwing emblem where the Yam emblem was.
13 years later, or this year I bought a brand new 2016 Level 3 Wing. I had the Yamaha rack powder coated Black to match my new bike.
So today I'm still enjoying my great trunk rack and carrying on just a little bit of my first touring bike.
These racks can be found on line used, with a little searching.

Oh... it won't work if you have the Honda rear spoiler.

Corventure Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. I just read this now. Thanks very much for the information but I do have the wing light on the back of the trunk

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Bopropucope-
If you are referring to the spoiler w/ light, most of the racks are designed to clear the spoiler. For what it may be worth, if you are concerned about weight, the round tube racks are much lighter, leaving more leeway for what is put on them. If, like me, you prefer the looks of the flat rack, weight will not be your concern. Good luck in your search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts