GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the new Kury rear Ring of Fire and thought some of you guys might want to see a few pictures. The rear Ring of Fire was easy to install. It has a steel chromed mounting bracket and a ball milled chromed ABS plastic cover with red LED's that bolts to the mounting bracket . The mounting hardware is stainless. Although the rear Ring of Fire mounts on the right side of the bike over the rear brake rotor, the LED's can be seen through the spinning rear wheel on the left side while riding down the road and it does light up the both sides of the back of the bike quite a bit at night.

The wiring is plug and play, but I chose to wire it up to a switch that sits on top of the front brake master cylinder so I can turn it off in the daytime. I like the chrome that covers the rear disc in the daytime, and there is a lot of light from the red LED's, but I'm a bit disappointed that the LED lights are red rather than the amber LED's that Kury advertised in some of their catalogs. I was really wanting amber LED's on the rear wheel to match my front amber Ring of Fire, but Kury is now only making the rear Ring of Fire in red LED's. Anyway's here are a few pictures.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just think about normal lighting on different things . ie trailers...trucks etc. amber up front ...... red to the rear. Maybe thats why they are made only in red!?!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hmmm...Park that beauty on the front porch and buy some more lights with all the money you saved not having to decorate the house for Christmas. :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Front porch??? Mines in the living room! (JK) :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was thinking that I had seen from one of the many after market outfits, a rear ring of fire that was amber. I thought it might be Kuryakyn. Was I just dreaming?

Metric4me

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
How dirty will it get back there, my rear wheel is filthy.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Gldwng said:
Looks like the circus has come to town :) :) :)
HA! Look who's talkin'. :wink: At least he has to turn on some lights. Yours looks "lit-up" all the time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts