GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear seat heat control knob has always been really hard to turn. Today I thought I would operate it to loosen it up, well some parts just under the knob let loose and now the knob kind of free wheels or locks up in certain positions. Question: Has anybody ever had just the knob off on the rear seat controller? I thought it looks like it would pull off but no luck.

·
Registered
407 Posts
replace it

My 06 did the same thing. It was VERY hard to turn. There is a spring inside that gets bound up. Its a poor design and was quickly and cheerfully replaced under warrany.
Good luck.
LDM

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
My 07 gets hard to turn at times also. I make a practive of operating it frequently to keep it loose. I also use silicone spray on it and so far it is still working. Hope it does not fail on my Western tour in Sept. as that will not make my GF happy.

fred

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
It's another "made by the lowest bidder" part!
If you have the extended warranty-let the dealer take care of it.
If not -SWITCH ASSY. 39500-MCA-A71 $40.70 through our sponsor.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
My rear seat heat control knob has always been really hard to turn. Today I thought I would operate it to loosen it up, well some parts just under the knob let loose and now the knob kind of free wheels or locks up in certain positions. Question: Has anybody ever had just the knob off on the rear seat controller? I thought it looks like it would pull off but no luck.
Piece of crap. Honda sure blew this one. Mine did the same as yours and I replaced myself. Unoftuantely, the new one is just as bad as the old one. Very difficult to rotate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts