GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have removed the rear shock to send to Traxxion, what all needs to be done to get the shock out? I'm under the impression that the fuel cell needs to be loosened so it can be tilted out of the way and that the R saddlebag needs to be removed. Is this correct or is there a better way?
Also, what is the cheapest/preferred way to mail the shock to Traxxion?
(my apology for not posting to the tech board)

Thanks,

Ed Winters

·
Registered
762 Posts
Not quite. I just did it last week. The gas tank needs to be completely removed, and the right saddlebag loosened, if you're going in from the top. Traxxion apparently removes the shock from the bottom and doesn't need to remove the gas tank. You might be able to do that too if you have a lift; I don't. You need to move the right saddlebag out of position to get at the bolts for the adjuster. Both the adjuster and shock are sent to Traxxion. Also, be sure to adjust the shock to zero prior to pulling everything out.

According to Traxxion's website, they prefer that you use UPS with insurance. According to Hal's parts site, a new shock costs about $780. When you wrap up the rear shock, take extra care to protect the black electrical connector on the adjuster which sticks out and can be easily damaged.

Hope this helps,
Arthur

1 - 3 of 3 Posts