GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many "book" hours does list for replacing the rear shock/spring assembly on an '07 GL1800.
Thanks in advance for the help.
RogerB

·
Vendor
17,802 Posts
How many "book" hours does list for replacing the rear shock/spring assembly on an '07 GL1800.
Thanks in advance for the help.
RogerB
Honda would pay a tech 1.5 hours for that job. A Honda shop would use a multipling factor of probably 1.5 or 1.6 for a customer pay RO. So customer pay would be 1.5 (Honda time) * 1.5 (multipling factor) * labor rate. If a shop charges $100/hour, the cust would pay 1.5 * 1.5 * 100 = $225.

If you are doing it yourself, it will probably be 1.5 * 3 or 4 as a base line to figure out how long it will take you to do this repair for a first time.

Hopefully that is not info overload.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Greg! That seems like a very short time to pull the gas tank and the right saddlebag. I did it once on my bike, I guess I am just a very slow, methodical worker on that stuff. I probably took at least 6 or 7 hours. But I also did some electrical work while I was in there and checked the hose clamps under the tank and cleaned that area of all the grime and brake dust.
RogerB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts