GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost time to upgrade the suspension....I've decided on Race Tech for the front, but I am undecided on the rear. Some say the stock shock with a new spring & steel braided adjuster line is a good fix. I have read that the Traxxion ($499) and the Race Tech ($599 or $899) shocks are prone to leaking. Does anyone with real-world experience on the two aftermarket shocks have any input?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I looked at both and decided on the Traxxion shock. The front forks were rebuilt using Race Tech components. The Traxxion shock is new, the Race Tech shock is a rebuilt stocker that they exchange for your shock.

Pete

·
Registered
528 Posts
Race tech rear shock.

Race tech has two options =
RT Shock Options for GL1800

All GL1800 owners have two shock upgrade options. Your first option is to have the stock shock rebuilt interally with our Gold Valve Conversion Kit. The second option is to purchase a new G3-S Custom Series Shock, with a rebound adjuster, built specifically to the riders specs.​
GL1800 GOLD VALVE SHOCK CONVERSION

The first option is called a Gold Valve Conversion Kit. With some modification, the stock shock is fully rebuildable. We install our Gold Valves with custom settings and provide the correct spring rate for your riding style and comfort.
Gold Valve Conversion sells for $599.99 with preload upgrade included!
NOTE: Hydraulic preload adjuster upgrade is an included in price.
Click here for the GL1800 Bike Profile
GL1800 G3-S CUSTOM SERIES SHOCK

The second option is a new Complete Custom Shock that includes an external Rebound Adjuster. This shock also has custom valving and spring settings for your riding style and comfort.
Complete Custom Shock sells for $899.99
NOTE: Hydraulic preload adjuster upgrade is an additional $199.98.
Made in the USA and guaranteed!
Click here for the GL1800 Bike Profile
Smilies :?::oops::wink: :joke::wrong::twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts