GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Wing audio comfort package 70,000miles
I just did the first air filter change a few thousand miles ago. Some time after that I noticed that I had to raise the volume on the stereo. Then I noticed that there was nothing coming from the rear speakers. I set the balance to full rear and still nothing.
I am wondering if I missed a connection or need to clean one under the seat. I wiggled whatever connections I could find but still nothing. Where should I be checking??
thank you in advance
Gil

·
IronMan
17,618 Posts
If had seat off did you check connections under there ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the seat off, disconnected and reconnected the plugs.
I will look for a white wire on the left side.
Thank you

·
Vendor
17,780 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
On my 2010 I figured that the wires in the harness broke but just to check I plugged in another set of speakers and they worked fine. The stock ones were blown.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have had to repair every single wire on the left side hinge on my 2010 and several on the right. I end up adding a little more length to the wire in the break spot changing the bend angle a little. I have never had to repair any that I have lengthened (about an inch increase with 1 1/4" piece of wire soldered in). I actually have the two "mystery wires" broken. But since I could not use them with my Clifford alarm (bizarre resistance measured from one plug to the other), they remain unused and broken.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My service manual indicates that the rear speaker wires are blue-red orange on the right and white blue on the left. They connect to a plug "6P Bu", which I assume is a 6 pin connector where only 4 pins are being used and the connector is either blue or wrapped in blue tape.
2 questions
1. is my assumption correct?
2. where is this connector? inside trunk lid, inside right or left armrest, under seat, other place

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,363 Posts
My service manual indicates that the rear speaker wires are blue-red orange on the right and white blue on the left. They connect to a plug "6P Bu", which I assume is a 6 pin connector where only 4 pins are being used and the connector is either blue or wrapped in blue tape.
2 questions
1. is my assumption correct?
2. where is this connector? inside trunk lid, inside right or left armrest, under seat, other place
It’s under the seat at the rear, left side in a boot. They won’t be broken there. They leave there and run up to the left trunk hinge.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
It's 6 pin under the seat, but all 6 wires should be used if you have heated seat GL1800, 4 for speakers, 2 for seat back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts