GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added 3x5 or 4x6 speakers to the saddle bags on a 2016 f6b. Is there a connector under the seat for wiring. Will the factory amp support it. Thanks for any information. Want to give the wife some sound.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes, there is a connector under the seat for rear speakers.

I put a set of 4" speakers attached to the grab rails. What I learned in the process is that the front speakers are extremely efficient/loud. It was impossible for me to find some rear speakers that were even close. So, the fader had to be set to about 1/2 way to the rear to hear the rear speakers.

So I added an amp under the seat to boost those rear speakers. I also put some speakers in the cubby because I couldn't hear the rears even with the amp with a helmet on.

Lastly, I put a sub on the luggage rack. Sounds great in the garage, not so much on the highway.

Do a google for "JimmyTee". He put a speaker in his saddlebag and more. He's an expert on this stuff.

Hope that helps ...

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thank you for the pictures. I'm hoping I can maybe mount some in the saddle bags facing up. Saw a kit for the new goldwinds and will love to have them fit
That does look good. It looks a lot like what JimmyTee did. He used some frogskin to keep the water out.

Let us know what you decide on ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys just did something similar to my F6B. I utilized the rear factory connector buy purchasing a O2 Sensor from Bosch for a 1994 Geo Tracker and an amp which I mounted in the left bag making sure I still have room in the bag for my full face helmet along with a Hi Low Converter. The signal coming from this plug you must remember is still amplified from the original system. I have Two 8 inchers in a tour pack that the amp power. I turned the converter very low and turned the amp up and used the fade to fade more to the rear than the front and it sound fabulous. I will post pictures once I'm able to bring her out into the daylight. The Tour Pack looks great and the sound from the rear is incredible. (y):cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you point me to the exact position. I removed the seat and couldn't find the right connector. Is it a 4pin connector?

I put a set of 4" speakers attached to the grab rails. What I learned in the process is that the front speakers are extremely efficient/loud. It was impossible for me to find some rear speakers that were even close. So, the fader had to be set to about 1/2 way to the rear to hear the rear speakers.

So I added an amp under the seat to boost those rear speakers. I also put some speakers in the cubby because I couldn't hear the rears even with the amp with a helmet on.

Lastly, I put a sub on the luggage rack. Sounds great in the garage, not so much on the highway.

Do a google for "JimmyTee". He put a speaker in his saddlebag and more. He's an expert on this stuff.

Hope that helps ...

Hope that helps ...

Hope that helps ...
Can you point me to the exact location? I removed the seat but couldn't find the socket. Is it a 4 pin connector?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I found the socket, thanks. I see that you labelled orange wire as positive, i tested today otherwise. Or i'm not usinfg the multimeter correct
Here is a schematic of that area. Orange is Rear Left Sp+. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks 98. That's great help. I'm installing Show Chrome 106 up front. And plan to use the rear speaker signal to power a pair of Polk Audio DB1001. I'll get a amp if that does not work out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts