GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my left rear speaker went out (no sound) any info out there on replacement...size...where to buy..:bow:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Don't know how far you have gone to troubleshoot he problem but usually this is an issue with the wires that run alongside the hinge on the right side of the trunk lid. Check there, and you will probably find a pinched, stressed or cut wire. Even if this is not it, you should at the very least swap the speakers right to left to see if you have a speaker or wiring problem...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know how far you have gone to troubleshoot he problem but usually this is an issue with the wires that run alongside the hinge on the right side of the trunk lid. Check there, and you will probably find a pinched, stressed or cut wire. Even if this is not it, you should at the very least swap the speakers right to left to see if you have a speaker or wiring problem...
Thanks dude...i have checked the pinch points...they all look fine. i will swap speakers just to verify...any idea what size...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Left Rear Speaker

I thought I had the same problem, but it turns out I really didn't.

Here's what I found.....All the songs I have downloaded from my CD collection onto my iPod were, shall we say, oldies but goodies.

I never listen to the radio anyway, because as far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a decent song written since 1980.:22yikes:

When I turned off the "Ambience", everything went back to sounding normal on all 4 speakers.

This doesn't pertain to headsets.

Might try that before you start tearing into everything.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
I never listen to the radio anyway, because as far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a decent song written since 1980.:22yikes:
Sweet Dreams (are made of this) Eurythmics, written by Annie Lennox and David A. Stewart released as a single in early 1983.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts