GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people say that adding rear speakers dont help with the sound, but I would like to ask any one with them if it helps the os hear it better, I like it better then the headsets....Kevin

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Years ago (2003 actually) one of the old members made a bunch of posts about upgrading the audio system. I think it was on the old board though so you might not find any reference to it now. I did similar things to my 2002.
Replaced the front speakers (I think it was Sony) and put speakers in the rear. (Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most) I cannot remember the brand and model of the rear speakers but they sure had a lot more base than the standard offerings. If you really want to make a big difference, go for something like Lewis's Electrical Connection amplifier package. (I hope he still sells it after all these years :lol: ) That was the best thing I ever did for the audio on the 2002. Maybe Fred H. remembers. Heck, it might have been LaMonster or Fred that posted the info back then. The rear speakers are worth it. You don't hear them much when the SO is on the back unless you turn your head and listen for it. But when you are solo you hear them more. For what it's worth. :wink:
DC

·
Registered
931 Posts
HiHoSilver said:
I know some people say that adding rear speakers dont help with the sound,
:shock: :shock:

I would have to disagree. I added 3 rear speakers. 2 from the Electrical
Connection, and 1 Bazooka Subwoofer with a 400 watt amp.

I definitely can hear the rear speakers when ZZ Top makes those animal noises.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
The rear speakers are a great addition. You and the SO will be happy. You will be happier if you add an amplifier, but at least do the speakers. I've had mine for two years and they are great. Get some from Lewis at Electrical Connectin and get the rear speaker harness. Almost completely plug and play with great directions.
You won't be sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts