GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know im missing one screw somewhere to get access for the rear speakers. i removed the three bottom ones and one in the trunk, after that im lost. Can anyone assist?:shrug:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I know im missing one screw somewhere to get access for the rear speakers. i removed the three bottom ones and one in the trunk, after that im lost. Can anyone assist?:shrug:
You give no information on the year. They are not all the same. :shrug:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a wild guess, but I suspect the one you are missing is the one under the trunk liner.
You have to remove about 12 or more screws from the plastic trunk liner.
The speaker screw you seek is under that.
If you get a torch (flashlight in the USA), you can just see part of it by looking at the very edge in each corner. Its not far from the one you already got in the trunk (so, yeah, there are two from in the trunk, and 3 outside the trunk).

Good luck.

Ben.

I

·
0 Posts
There is no screw under the trunk lid liner to remove the speaker housings.

Been a long time since I put in my 02 speakers so not sure what you have missed, but I sure didn't have to remove the lid liner.

Good luck.....Ride safe.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
There is no screw under the trunk lid liner to remove the speaker housings.

Been a long time since I put in my 02 speakers so not sure what you have missed, but I sure didn't have to remove the lid liner.

Good luck.....Ride safe.
You have to remove the trunk liner to get to the final screw unless you have modified your inner liner to access it without removing by drilling the area.

I MUST EMPHASISE THAT SOME OF THE POD SCREWS ARE LONGER THAN THE INNER TRUNK LID SCREWS. USE ONLY THE SHORT ONES FOR THE INNER TRUNK LID OR YOU'LL POP A PIMPLE ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR LID!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts