GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions for a warning light to put on the rear of my CSC when at a stop light. I have seen this type of light on transit buses and tanker trucks. Red or Yellow. Simular to light's police cars.. Must flash with brake on.

TOM :thumbup: (light bar 5-6 inches in length 1-2 inches in height that runs back and forth)

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I see a lot of Harley's have these on the back, so their dealerships must sell them. I was riding behind one the other day and he had two. One one each side of his license plate and they were very bright, to the point they hurt the eyes to look directly at them when blinking.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Take a look at the TIR3R from strobesnmore.com website. A number of the folks in the group I ride with use them. We just remove the rear fender reflector and replace it with this unit. Mighty bright!!!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Looking for suggestions for a warning light to put on the rear of my CSC when at a stop light. I have seen this type of light on transit buses and tanker trucks. Red or Yellow. Simular to light's police cars.. Must flash with brake on.

TOM :thumbup: (light bar 5-6 inches in length 1-2 inches in height that runs back and forth)
Although not a "strobe" light. I wired in an LED Strobe modulator into the trunk wing's LED. You get a bright strobing brake light tired to the application of the brakes.

I used the LED Brake Strobe from Radiantz. Got if from CustomDynamics (item#6104-00). Unlike the Back-off products that flash, this unit strobes (a very fast light pulsing). It can only be used on LEDs though.

Here's a video of the unit in operation. Video
Unfortunately, the frame rate of the camera causes the strobing to appear slow and erratic even though it reality it is not. The pattern is three cycles of a 3 pulse strobe followed by 5 seconds of solid illumination. Then the pattern repeats until the brakes are released.
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d...ion=view&current=20090120Demonstration002.flv

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
i use "back off" and it seems to work great as i have had people ask me where to get them

·
Registered
454 Posts
I USE 2 LED STROBES I BOUGHT FROM GALLS / THEY WILL BLIND YOU AT NIGHT BUT AT LEAST THEY KNOW I'M STOPPING

THIS PIC DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE / THERE VERY BRIGHT N THEY STROBE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts