GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new Bridgestone for the rear and a new Dunlap for the front (what was I thinking). Anyway, which is the preferred for the rear and will it hurt to mix brands front to rear?

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
I would only mix tire brands in a emergency. I wouldn't want to start out with a mixed set.

I think JD said he didn't trust the Bridgestones. I will help you out by offering to buy your rear Bridgestone for $100 shipped to me here in Fl. That way you can order a Dunlop to match and not be out many green Guys! I'll take my chances with that unsafe Stone! LOL...

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I purchased a set of Dunlops in August while on a trip since that was the only tire the dealer had at the moment and I needed tires. My preference would have been the Bridgestones, or maybe taken a chance on the Metzler (inspite of all the problems with their front tire).

I've been religious about my tire pressure and can only say the Dunlops got the shortest wear of any tire I have used - 11,000 miles, and they are ready for changing. Fortunately, new Stone are on order and my Dunlop days will soon be behind me.

A year an a half ago the talk was all about Dunlop's and everyone's rush to get them, and now I can't figure out why other than perhaps a price consideration. I didn't see the tire life others have claimed and they don't corner or handle anywhere near the level of the Stones especially in rain or wet surfaces.

Go will the Stones and the much improved G709 front.

DaleC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts