GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked this question several times with no answer. Will the new 2019 rear tire fit my 08 rear rim. I already
run a CT 195/55/16 with no problems. I know its more expensive but would like to try the new E-4 from the newer models and try it on my 08

·
IronMan
17,089 Posts
I DONT HAVE ANSWER ! THEY MAKE E4 THAT WILL FIT YOUR 08 I HAVE ONE ON RIM (2014 ) THAT I TOOK OFF WHEN I WENT TO CT WHEN I GOT BIKE TIRE IN GREAT SHAPE . I'M GOING TO CALF. NEXT MONTH FOR PRESIDENT RIDE IN . WILL TAKE 10 MOST OF WAY THRU TX CAN BRING WITH ME IF YA WANT TO MEET UP . TRY IT OUT . DROP OFF OR / BRING TO GLENS IN APRIL 321-242-0720 JOHN

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i have had the 08 e-4 just wanted a wider m/c tire in between my ct. Thanks anyway, just still wondering if the new wing rear tire will fit on my 08 rim with enough clearance.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I recently went from the Michelin Primacy back to an E4 for "medical reasons".

my riding time is very short compared to previous years. the bike sits for 3 or 4 months waiting for me.

I found that the CT was NOT enjoyable riding around my little smallish burb of 1 square mile, and tiny / narrow streets at 25 mph speeds... it kept wanting to "Stand up straight" and I had to "muscle it over" to lean.

Since the E4 went on, I have ridden about 2 tanks of gas, so maybe 350 miles? and that is since last August. Even so, it rides "like a bike should", it leans w/o me thinking I have to muscle it over.

that makes me a very unstable rider, not comfy with the controls, riding habits that we do w/o even thinking that we do it..... I have "think" how do I ?? and that bothers me.

My '02 does NOT have lighted controls. when it gets dark, forget using the turn signals, or the horn, WTH are those controls??
I can't see them, I need to remember their position. Not good.

ERGO, I do NOT ride after dark anymore.

·
Registered
16,368 Posts
I "think" it will fit. When you find out, do let us know.

prs

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
I believe there are some using the 205/55/16 on the rear so I'm thinking the 200 should fit.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Tom Finch always used a 205 series tire on his bike, he liked the lower rpms and speedo correction. One time he had to use the "standard" 195 series, and he couldn't wait to get it swapped back to his "normal" tire. Only thing negative I've heard about the 205 series is some bikes require the battery box to be wire tied away from the tire to prevent rubbing. Personally I use the 195's and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
From what I recall Tom Fince liked using the 70 SERIES MC tyre not sure if he ever used a CT (y)
Actually, I believe you are correct. I was thinking of a different individual. The info regarding the 205 is still good though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think this thread may have what you’re looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts