GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've got a 2010 GL1800 Champion Trike conversion standard anti-roll bar model with just over 6400 miles. My problem is:

The left rear wheel assembly seems to have a significant amount of camber (top angles quite a bit in at the top) and I am getting unusual wear on the inside edge of that wheel.

Is there an easy adjustment (shims or cam'd adjustment bolt) that I can make to fix this.

I will be calling Champion in the morning but I'm anxious to get this fixed. Meanwhile the wheels will be off and the trike on jack stands. Local dealer that did the conversion is 10 days out on any service.

Side note: I discovered the other day that the anti-roll bar link to the lower control arm on the right side was broken at the anti-roll bar end. I've disconnected and secured the left side to enable me to ride it some. I did not notice anything bent, or other broken or damaged parts.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link to the other thread.

My issue is THIS SEEMS TO BE A NEW CHANGE ON THE REAR END OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS. I don't hear anything like loose / or broken parts. No clunking going over bumps. no clunking when I aggressively shift the trike from side to side using the trailer hitch bar/ball. Just the left side tire angled in significantly at the top.

I guess I could be wrong about it being a new change but I'd be really surprised. I tend to notice a great deal of things that others don't!

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you are getting bad wear on that inside tire then this has been around for awhile. Mine did the same thing. I replaced the Knuckles with 0 degree ones that Champion sent me. PM me for more info if you want.

bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts