GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,947 Posts
It was indeed very well done. However, I don't think what he was wearing could be considered ATGATT.

That is being picky though. Considering the focus group for the message.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
:agree::agree: very good job I have been there also spent 2 months in the hospital and when I got out I still spent another 2 months in a wheel chair and had to learn how to walk again. Semi trailer tire blew and hit me and my wife running 75 miles per hour on interstate 75. Good grear does works and Helmets too. :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
gear

Gear saved me too. Last fall on the way to work went around a corner and a farmer has spilled liquid fertilizer on the road. Was down before I knew what happened. Went sliding down the road on my butt. If I had only had on my levi's I would have been having a skin graft done on my butt, my Olympia suit saved me from that. It can happen to anyone, when you least expect it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
the reason his age group crash more is due to the lack of rider skill,your brain and skill are the best safety tool!!!!!!
Sometimes there are people driving autos that are half asleep, not paying attention that just want to kill you to get to the soccer game on time!

I've had that happen a few times and I've appreciated both my riding skills AND the ABS (gear).

JC

·
Registered
248 Posts
:agree::yes1::yes1:

·
Registered
227 Posts
A very good video with a superb message. Let's think ATGATT!!! :yes1::yes1::yes1:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
thanks...had a friend the went down on I-10. it was hot that night, so he took off his chap's , rode in his jacket, the chap leg rap around the wheel and lock it up at 70 mph, he say's it was his Jacket and head gear that saved him....

21 - 31 of 31 Posts