GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a total of 38 years in the full-time workforce and 25 years at my current employer I retired as of last Friday.
At my retirement lunch I was presented the below Goldwing plaque.
(The 24.9 years is done on purpose, inside joke). :wink2:

They know how much I love motorcycles and worked on a custom in-house made aluminum plaque with Goldwing model.
I thought it was pretty cool, simple but very special.

I'll miss the people, but I won't miss the ever increasing bureaucracy or stress.
Let the fun begin.....:grin2:

My wife actually gave me the real thing back in June as an early retirement gift, a 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT AB. :thumbup:

Mods - Sorry if this is not the appropriate forum for this, it has Goldwing content but feel free to move if desired.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Best decision you’ll ever make. Congratulations! Enjoy the Wings!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

Reactions: Brian_Fenner

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Congrats on your retirement. Now turn the page and begin a new chapter. :)

·
Vendor
17,830 Posts
My wife actually gave me the real thing back in June as an early retirement gift, a 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT AB. :thumbup:
What a great wife !!! Enjoy your new Wing and retirement life.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Yes, congrats on the retirement. I did it just over 10 years ago. Man, time flies when you're having fun. I have friends who've taken on other jobs after retirement simply because, they're BOARD out of their minds because, they have no clue on how to keep themselves busy or, just enjoy NOT WORKING. Me, I've never looked back and, will never, EVER take on another job due to being board.

Enjoy your new life. Do what you want and, don't do what you don't want, pretty simple.
Scott

·
Registered
909 Posts
Congrats on the retirement!! Beautiful plague and very appropriate for you. And that is an awesome wife you got...she's a keeper!!!! Hit the roads with her and go enjoy your retirement now!!!!

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Congrats on retirement and the new wing ! Enjoy "both" !!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats, I retired over 3 years ago and now everyday is Saturday!!,

1 - 20 of 45 Posts