GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good sales rep at Southern Powersports? I called yesterday and got assigned a random salesperson who acted like he was doing me a favor to take the call. Border line rude.

I just wanted to know when they were expecting '07's and pricing. Forgive me!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good luck getting ANYBODY to call you back. Their customer service sucks but boy do they sell a lot of bikes because of their prices.

They are a 2 hour drive north of Atlanta (if you are looking for the cheapest airline ticket)

Rick

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RickM said:
Good luck getting ANYBODY to call you back. Their customer service sucks but boy do they sell a lot of bikes because of their prices.

They are a 2 hour drive north of Atlanta (if you are looking for the cheapest airline ticket)

Rick
I am not sure how to buy a bike from them if I cannot get any service. I live in Dallas, and I am willing to fly to TN to pickup the bike.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
BigBird05 said:
...I live in Dallas, and I am willing to fly to TN to pickup the bike.
Do yourself a favor and develop a good relationship with a dealer near you.

The few extra dollars you spend buying local may be worth the investment later...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Next time you call - mention you have a credit card and are calling to buy (or put a deposit on) a Wing. Your call will go right thru I bet! Or at least someone will call you back.

Do your research and know in advance exactly the model, color, and options you want so they can confirm they have one in stock. Give them a deposit and pray it is ready for you when you show up on the date you give them.

Odds are you will be fine. Also, I have read from others that have bought there that you should check all the fluid levels before you go blasting down the road home.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yep,,I received the same treatment from those folks. Went to a nearby dealer,,said could not meet their price,,but gave me 15% off of all accessories (including CB) and gave me a really good deal on installation. As it turned out,,price was about the same and I was a "bunch" more comfortable with the deal.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with DT to try your local dealer. But in my case I offered the local guy $500 over the price that Chattanooga had and they turned me down. I ended up getting a 6 month old 05 from a guy in Deleware and saved even more. Plus the 700 mile trip home was an adventure.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealers I have talked to here are pretty much MSRP +prep + delivery fees. The Tenessee folks are $3,000 cheaper. Worth the flight and the ride home (which is an added bonus for me). The local service is mediocre whether you buy here or not.

·
Registered
778 Posts
BigBird05 said:
Can anyone recommend a good sales rep at Southern Powersports? I called yesterday and got assigned a random salesperson who acted like he was doing me a favor to take the call. Border line rude.

I just wanted to know when they were expecting '07's and pricing. Forgive me!
Call this number 800-569-6205

and you can visit website also

www.lakehillmotors.com

Getting in more 07 models this week, got orange and black now

JB

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
After a lot of aggravation I finally used Steve. You will have to buy extras or you will not get a bike. In my case I bought $300.00 worth which is what he said was needed. I found this out after the first bike I put a deposit was accidentaly sold to someone else. It is aggravating but you will save thousands of dollars. You can go to Lakehills in Corinth Miss you will pay a litle more but still save a lot. A fried bought his there and they were very good. Regurdless where you buy you can get service done at anny dealership.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I made a request on the internet to Southern Powersports and got a reply and instructions how to order.

I bought mine from Lake Hill Motors for a couple dollars more and I drove 900+ miles there and I trailered it home.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought my 06 from Mike (harley) Kelly at Southern. This was before their move to the big store. I had to wait over a month to get mine in because they were limited on what they had at the time. Mike worked with me and has helped me with problems. Give him a try. Also sent a PM!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I believe my salesman was Matthew, if I remember correctly. He used to race bikes on the track, keeps photos and magazines of his exploits in the right hand drawer of his desk.

I told him I'll be there on THURSDAY to pick it up (this was 7 days earlier), and asked him if I need to put a deposit on it. He said, no, I'll see ya next thursday.

I got in the truck, met him, and it was being prepped, as promised.
And yes, I did drive from Chicago area. It rained the entire 3 days just about.....sigh.........

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Stupid question...
Why deal with someone who's doing you a favor by taking your money???? Doesn't Hal offer some seriously discounted pricing also with airports nearby??

·
Registered
634 Posts
PunkinWing said:
Stupid question...
Why deal with someone who's doing you a favor by taking your money???? Doesn't Hal offer some seriously discounted pricing also with airports nearby??
Well . . .

he seems to provide some "seriously" free advertising for his fellow Honda dealers.

Tis' generous of him, . . . I suppose.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not Bill

I called Southern Honda in September, 2005 to buy a new 2006 Goldwing. I talked with BILL.... I called him back week after week and he said that I was on his buy list but no level-1 bikes had come in. I gave up calling after a couple of months and never heard from BILL.

I'm still want to buy a Goldwing but refuse to pay MSRP plus HUGE dealer fees required by the local dealer.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Credit card?

RickM said:
Next time you call - mention you have a credit card and are calling to buy (or put a deposit on) a Wing. Your call will go right thru I bet! Or at least someone will call you back.
Will a dealer actually allow you to put the full purchase price of a Goldwing on your credit card? I'd like that since I get a 1% cash rebate on my card. That would be $200 on a $20,000 purchase.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts