GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking to try and suppress the cold air up my leg that I feel on cool days. I have the comfort package and can tell some difference when the lower deflectors are open, mostly from the air flow change. I was thinking the Tulsa hot foot was the way to go but they are not made for the comfort package. What other options can I try, and are also considering modifying the Tulsa hot foot if response for them is good. Also any problems with deflectors while having Kury high way pegs installed on the engine crash bars.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Here's a shot of the Baker Trike Wings that Hal sells at Direct Line
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=7210&str=4

They also have the leg wings (same a trike wings but not as wide)
and the foot wings. I can't speak for those but.....
I have a trike and used the trike wings and they block a bunch of air.
With the CSC ground effects boards on the trike....
it blocks the air over my feet and legs almost too much.

I sure can tell when I open those foot heater vents now!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
VP has a couple of lowers that look like they would do a good job.

·
Registered
271 Posts
the baker leg & foot wings works very well for me...i also use the hand wings on the mirrors...see yellow bike in previous post...

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Baker Leg Wings work well for me also

·
Registered
46 Posts
Crackerjack; I have an 08 comfort and put the tulsa foot deflectors on. I pushed them in a little tighter and put a self tapping screw near the front to help hold them on. They have never moved and helps keep the rain off the boots and also makes the foot warmers more efficient. I did notice they will drag and have worn a little off the outside edge. Very easy to install and easier to remove if necessary. I leave mine on.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Baker Leg and Foot Wings. They keep the cold wind off your feet and legs and also keep them dry in the rain.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Crackerjack; I have an 08 comfort and put the tulsa foot deflectors on. I pushed them in a little tighter and put a self tapping screw near the front to help hold them on. They have never moved and helps keep the rain off the boots and also makes the foot warmers more efficient. I did notice they will drag and have worn a little off the outside edge. Very easy to install and easier to remove if necessary. I leave mine on.
Keep an eye on the painted exhaust covers Herb.....
I had the "dragging" that sanded the deflector edges too....
and when I got to looking close...

I found that dragging had kicked up a lot of small stuff and
chipped the Exhaust covers up a bunch.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
The Baker leg wings work great both in summer and winter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts