GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the front tire and discovered I need a left fork seal. I couldn't see all the oil on the fork until I pulled the fender, which may explain my tire cupping.

So since I have to put the seal in it I may as well get a better ride. I had progressive springs in my Valkyrie and VTX and liked them. For those running the Progressive Suspension Monotube Fork Cartridge Kit. how do you like it. I'd like Traxi...but my wallet doesn't right now! Lol Is the kit really worth it or just get Progressive springs....which are a lot cheaper, as in $300 cheaper!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Following..... I am thinking about the progressive cartridges myself.

Reactions: Big Tee

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing, Progressives. Tried Traxxion a couple years ago, just didn't work for me on the trike, But look, that's just me, many riders think they are great and that's fine, different strokes and all that.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I changed the front tire and discovered I need a left fork seal. I couldn't see all the oil on the fork until I pulled the fender, which may explain my tire cupping.

So since I have to put the seal in it I may as well get a better ride. I had progressive springs in my Valkyrie and VTX and liked them. For those running the Progressive Suspension Monotube Fork Cartridge Kit. how do you like it. I'd like Traxi...but my wallet doesn't right now! Lol Is the kit really worth it or just get Progressive springs....which are a lot cheaper, as in $300 cheaper!
I had the progressive springs and didn't notice any difference. Went to pmt and notice a difference.
You need to do a full front forks rebuild in any application.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
I've had Progressive springs, Traxxion springs, 1.1 kg I think, and Progressive Mono-Tubes. Progressive springs and Progressive Mono-Tubes on my '03, Traxxion springs and Progressive Mono-Tubes on my '10.

Springs, either, were an improvement but, Mono-Tubes, hands down.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I had the progressive springs and didn't notice any difference. Went to pmt and notice a difference.
What all does a “full rebuild” include?

·
Administrator
4,575 Posts
I've done the same thing, just springs years back, PMT recently. Day and night difference.

·
Registered
994 Posts
You'll notice a lot of improvement in your front suspension with the PMTs. For best results, do the Progressive rear spring upgrade as well.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I really like PMTs. As recommended, I would also recommend upgrading the rear spring at the same time.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks thats good to know...I guess I should go with PMT

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really like PMTs. As recommended, I would also recommend upgrading the rear spring at the same time.
Did you have factory or Progressive before the PMT?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I put PMTs, tapered bearings and fork brace on about 20k miles ago. The difference is night and day.

The PMTs soak up mostly all of the bone jarring road bumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Did you have factory or Progressive before the PMT?
I had the factory suspension before PMT, the factory suspension had began to sack out and it was time for a rebuild so I upgraded. Huge improvement in performance over the stock suspension. I have Progressive springs in my VTX , which was also a improvement over stock but not as dramatic.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had the factory suspension before PMT, the factory suspension had began to sack out and it was time for a rebuild so I upgraded. Huge improvement in performance over the stock suspension. I have Progressive springs in my VTX , which was also a improvement over stock but not as dramatic.
Thanks, just curious but what was the mileage before it begin to sack out?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Progressive Monotubes for sure! I love them!
I did use the preload spacers. Just the way I wanted it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
After several repeated failures of the left front fork seal I installed Progressive Monotubes. That was 15K miles ago. I haven't had a left fork seal leak since. I didn't notice any difference in the ride.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts