GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip around Lake Superior and my plans have me traveling through Michigan. I would like to avoid intestates as much as possible since I have the time.

My current route has been going from from Findlay, OH to Bay City, MI. But I can change that and travel though Midland instead.

I don't mind taking I-75 for a ways out of Findlay to Toledo and was then thinking about taking US 20 to MI-52 and then taking it all the way north to MI-40 and then taking it east to pickup MI-47.

One of the reasons for this is I wanted to go to Hope, MI. Lived there many years ago and just wanted to visit it again.

Thanks for any suggestions. The trip will be in mid September.

Jim

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Jim

Did the Lk Superior Circle tour in '05'. Have a GPS file (GPX) that you can start with. Will try to send it in a PM.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Try n google "motorcycle roads " in area your going . Also on gps / maps take out highways . Enjoy trip !

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I'm no expert on MI roads but my daughter, son-in-law and grand-kids live just west of Ann Arbor. Last year my son-in-law and I rode from their house up to and through the eastern part of the Upper Peninsula. We took some back roads to get to Rte 52 and followed the route you have suggested. I would do it again as it sure is a lot better than taking I-75 or Rte 23 up to Saginaw. We did get onto Rte 23 north of Saginaw and rode along the west coast of Lake Huron up to the Mackinac Bridge. As an aside, after doing a couple of motorcycle trips in MI we have come to greatly appreciate the back roads of New England. My SIL is originally from NE and I'm still here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts