GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member to this board, :shock: but have been following the posts for several months. I have seen a lot of good advice, and would like so get some for myself.

After having my Wing for 7 months now, I am ready to accessorize. :p I
have a budgeted $2K for stuff. Here is what I have come up with so far.

Utopia backrest $176 (for comfort)
****-O-Pegs $196 (for comfort)
Tulsa Belly Pan $54 (for bike protection)
Nice Bike Boots $115 (for safety)
12Volt DC Accessory Socket $29 (for more accessories)
Tulsa Front Fog Lights $125 (for safety)
Headlight Modulator $159 (for safety)
Breaklight Modulator $84 (for safety)
Saddlebags $91 (for comfort)
Honda CB $599 (for safety)
Honda CB Antenna $107 (for safety)
Butler Beverage Container $48 (for comfort)
TOTAL:$1,783

Since I have a little left over, what do you think I should add to my list. :?:
Or possibly remove if you feel something is giving me my moneys worth. :oops:
Love spending money on my favorite past time.

Thx for any opinions (good or bad) in advance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Chrome??/

Where are all the chrome pieces on the list???? :D

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Drop the Honda CB antenna and get the Sierra and apply the savings and budget surplus toward the extended warenty while its still in budget.

prs

·
Registered
287 Posts
Trunk Lid Spoiler with E/C conversion kit to make it run and brake. :yes: This is a must for safety to keep those cowboys in their cages from running up your ar**. :banghead: Tulsa wing mirror deflectors :clap2: (to keep that cold snow that you guys get in the states) of your hands. :a13: Im sure you will ride in the snow. Joking aside they are a must. :yes2: Thats three more items for you, and will cost around $300. :s27:

Get them now on Hal's sale. :phone2:

:luck: :rw1: :luck:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
You are from Colorado. Thought about grip heaters?
And I did not see any Jackets or Helmet/Headsets.
You must already have them.
Looks like you're getting a pretty comfortable bike.
Front Fender Extension to keep the mud off the cowling?
A GPS to replace the dollar map?
Chrisco makes cargo keepers I find nearly required.

But don't get so much you have to give up riding time
so you can work to pay for it. Ride first, work later.

G

·
keep a carton of C&H in the front fairing pocket...
never can tell when you'll have a dip in the blood glucose level.
:ic1: :ic2: :bdcake1: :eat2:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
headlight and brakelight modulator, it is a personal choice, but very opinionated. Not sure if the break modulator is accepted in all states? I have rhode behind others, after a while " I want to run them over". Think they become very annoying. Some people think the flashing headlight is your signal for them to go and cut in front of you, like flashing high beams. Some like them, and some don't. The cigeratte plug for the front left pocket yes, if for the trunk NO. The chrisco cargo keepers are a 10 plus, should be first on the list. ( about $75?) Instead of the modulators, buy the Honda spoiler/breaklight. Hal has the 20% discount for one more week, should be about $170. E/c front and back Reflector LED lights are great $100. Even if you get just the front ambers for $60. An amber opera lite also brightens up the front of the bike. ($60) Then there could be the red LED trunk/saddlebag lites. ($300) Price can vary on brand. They may not be so noticeable on sunny days, but cloudy/ rain/ and nightimes, they pull you into sight. Now that you are scratching the bank, multiply this by five, and you should be close to finished. NO JOKE, take care and best of luck deciding. PS. a sony disk recorder player/ xm satilite radio/ better speakers and amp/ headsets/speedometer corrector/baker wings/ hope you are having at least 8 more birthdays soon this year. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts