GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on going to Americade 2007 and am looking for recommendations for hotel or cabin for three night stay June 5,6,7. Requirements are just basics of clean bed, shower, bathroom, relatively quiet. 2 people. Where do you suggest?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Rory,
Seven miles north of Lake George is a place called Lake George Escape. I've camped there twice, and will be there again this year....really enjoyed it. They have cabins... but reserve early, they fill up fast. See ya there....
Bill

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
The best time we had at Americade was when we stayed right at Roaring Brook Ranch.
You could go drinking with all the who's-who gang at night and not have to ride afterwards; then breakfast in the morning. It was a very hands-on time.

·
15 year Member
6,998 Posts
Holiday Inn Turf..

That is if you don't mind spending over 1500.00 for the MANDATORY 6 night stay....... it is very nice though..

Walk right across the street to vendor areas, view of Lake George, Iron in room.....

Matt(Ashland,MA) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You might want to look at the motel north of Lake George at Pottersville. Think its called Lee's Corner Motel (they have an online site). Good accomodations and just a 20 minute ride to all the festivities at Lake George. Excellent price, too. You might check in with Andrew DeLivron for more advice.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
http://www.leescornermotel.com/

Here is the link to Lee's Corner Motel as M-Bob suggested. It is a great Mom and Pop motel with only about 7 or 8 rooms. But it has (had) wireless internet and free long distence phone calls. The owners are the nicest people in the world and always have buckets with rags and and haose out for you to wash the bike. Anything recommended by Bulldog can't be that bad. :D

When we were there in '05, Wayne (gl180gsblahblah) and myself helped the owner set up the picnic tent you see on his web site. He lets you use the BBQ grill and picnic area anytime you want.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mesquite Bob -Follow up question. Is parking an issue when travalling from the hotel you recommend to the Americade site. I imagine it is pretty well organized but am wondering if you, or anybody else has any hints. Is there anything else I should be considering when choosing the hotel. I do not drink alcohol so riding should not be an issue.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mesquite Bob -Follow up question. Is parking an issue when travalling from the hotel you recommend to the Americade site. I imagine it is pretty well organized but am wondering if you, or anybody else has any hints. Is there anything else I should be considering when choosing the hotel. I do not drink alcohol so riding should not be an issue.

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts
Bill said:
Hey Rory,
Seven miles north of Lake George is a place called Lake George Escape. I've camped there twice, and will be there again this year....really enjoyed it. They have cabins... but reserve early, they fill up fast. See ya there....
Bill
Price on cabins? or web site?

·
Registered
375 Posts
We did this last year:

The Lamplight Inn
Bed & Breakfast
231 Lake Ave.
P.O. Box 70
Lake Luzerne, NY 12846
(518)696-5294 or (800)262-4668

Not cheap, but VERY nice.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
We stayed at a Super 8 in Warrensburg in 2006. 5 miles from lake george. was very nice and level parking. Super 8 Motel-Lake George/Warrensburg Area

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey Tramp, no oproblem with parking. The motel is right off the road and about 1/4 mile from the interstate. Easy as pie to get on the slab south and get off at one of the Lake George exits. Parking at Americade itself is something of a challenge (or at least it was the year I was there), but not impossible or really that difficult. Just take it easy. There will be a LOT of bikes there.

Bob

·
Registered
614 Posts
The Queensbury in Glens Falls is a place to stay away from or just be warned!!!!! We had things stolen from our room by the cleaning staff and the management couldn't care less. They never investigated or even offer an apology.

Kevin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Queensbury

Wow, I'm really surprized to hear about what happened to you at the Queensbury Hotel. My group has been staying there for the past eight Americades and we've never had a problem. We've considered going someplace else due to cost, but we keep deciding to go back because of the indoor pool and hot tub and the separation from all the noise in Lake George.

Ride Safe, looking forward to Americade 2007, [/b]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts