GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to power an Android phone, 2 Sena SMH10s, a SM10 and an iPod from power in the front left pocket. Can anyone recommend a good power adapter for that? I can either power it from the aux poweror get power from the battery. Either way is OK with me. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Most folks seem to pick up audio whine if running their music toys off the Wing. This will usually involve noise suppressors of some type. I have not not had a problem yet, but, the Antigravity battery mentioned a couple of posts up has some great potential (I bought one). You can run a lot of stuff off it, including the 5 items you mentioned, and it will last all day. At least, the maker indicates it will. While it is designed to jump start V8s, it will power your toys. You will have to create your own wiring adapter, but that is not difficult. There are a couple of outputs you can use. If you get nervous over it lasting, simply let it charge off the Wings battery while you have lunch.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Antigravity power

Most folks seem to pick up audio whine if running their music toys off the Wing. This will usually involve noise suppressors of some type. I have not not had a problem yet, but, the Antigravity battery mentioned a couple of posts up has some great potential (I bought one). You can run a lot of stuff off it, including the 5 items you mentioned, and it will last all day. At least, the maker indicates it will. While it is designed to jump start V8s, it will power your toys. You will have to create your own wiring adapter, but that is not difficult. There are a couple of outputs you can use. If you get nervous over it lasting, simply let it charge off the Wings battery while you have lunch.
I'm sure it would last a LONG time powering Bluetooth units and phones but it almost seems like overkill to me. I'm planning to start with a ground loop isolator and I'll see how that goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts