GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a freelance writer for bike magazines and as such I like to record things as I see them while riding. Later I put the story together with the help of my recorded notes. Does anyone know if it is possible to hook up a tape recorder and integrate it with the helmet mic?

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
BikeMP3

BikeMP3 has a mic splitter that is a plug and play harness connector that goes inline with the drivers headset cable connected under the left pocket. Then you can plug the output cable into a small recorder placed in the left pocket. Put the recorder in VOX mode and then whenever you talk into the mic, whether to a passenger, the CB, or to yourself the recorder will record. May have to set the sensitivity level on the recorder (if it has one) to prevent you from recording wind noise. Not much of an issue if you use a full-face helmet.

http://www.bikemp3.com/GL1800-1500-GPS-MIC-Interface-HGW-GPS-MIC.htm

Did a quick look on our sponsor's website, didn't see it offered there.

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like exactly what I need. I have a Garmin Zumo 450 which I presume will integrate with this. I don't have Bluetooth or any other electronic gadgets so it should be a simple plug in. Thanks for the info.

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BikeMP3 has a mic splitter that is a plug and play harness connector that goes inline with the drivers headset cable connected under the left pocket. Then you can plug the output cable into a small recorder placed in the left pocket. Put the recorder in VOX mode and then whenever you talk into the mic, whether to a passenger, the CB, or to yourself the recorder will record. May have to set the sensitivity level on the recorder (if it has one) to prevent you from recording wind noise. Not much of an issue if you use a full-face helmet.

http://www.bikemp3.com/GL1800-1500-GPS-MIC-Interface-HGW-GPS-MIC.htm

Did a quick look on our sponsor's website, didn't see it offered there.
I bought this unit and when I went to plug it into my tape recorder the cable plug is too small for the recorder. I tried it on my old Sanyo and it was too small for that one also. Is there a step-up cable adaptor available for this? Seems odd that I would be sold this item, and even talked with the guy on the phone about what I needed, and then he sends me a cable with a plug that is way too small for the job.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I bought this unit and when I went to plug it into my tape recorder the cable plug is too small for the recorder. I tried it on my old Sanyo and it was too small for that one also. Is there a step-up cable adaptor available for this? Seems odd that I would be sold this item, and even talked with the guy on the phone about what I needed, and then he sends me a cable with a plug that is way too small for the job.

Go to Radio Shack- they will have a reducer for what you need.

AG GL

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
It was me you spoke to 2.5mm is pretty standard for MIC input on a GPS and 3.5mm which you seem to have is usual for output, the product you bought is for GPS use but obviously can be used for any MIC input I guess I should of asked you to check your recorder I can make you a version with a 3.5mm if you need me to.

For example this microphone on Amazon has both 2.5 and 3.5 plugs its kind of a 50/50 shot http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Microphone-Digital-LFH9173-00/dp/B001EOZUKQ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts